Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Sydney CBD - King St to Central route?

Started by Kingsley · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,126 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
5 June 2003
Last activity
13 June 2003
Original author
Kingsley
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,126
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Howdy,

    Anyone know of a route from King St back to Central station that won't see me killed ?

    I've ride a bit back down York st to Town Hall, but it's a bit daunting (5:00pm peak hour)
    after that.

    I've got approximately 15 minutes to do the run, at the moment I chicken out and get the metro from
    Town Hall.

    cheers, -kt

  2. I used to do that route in peak hour, and your right, it's deadly.

    You haven't got a whole lot of choices have you? Sussex Street is murder, and out of the road..Elizabeth St..noooo!.. leaves Castlereagh St?! If you make it as far as the Fire Station you should be all right, just watch it at the corners...

    Good luck!

  3. Down castelreagh Street or foot path it down Elizabeth Street (Castelreagh St is, however,
    your best bet)

    cheers

    Col

    kingsley said:

    Howdy,

    Anyone know of a route from King St back to Central station that won't see me killed ?

    I've ride a bit back down York st to Town Hall, but it's a bit daunting (5:00pm peak hour)
    after that.

    I've got approximately 15 minutes to do the run, at the moment I chicken out and get the metro from
    Town Hall.

    cheers, -kt

  4. kingsley said:

    Anyone know of a route from King St back to Central station that won't see me killed ?

    Two words - "Bus Lane"!

    I'm not sure exactly what bus lanes there are in that area, but I used to commute down parts of
    George st on a bus lane and it was great. You have to share with the buses and the taxis, but
    generally they are fairly light (traffic wise that is 🙂

    Beware of any "Bus Only Lanes" (if there are any in the CBD - not sure if there are) as bikes are
    NOT allowed in these.

    Scott

  5. Col Jones said:

    (Castelreagh St is, however, your best bet)

    Did this tonight, even stopping at all the red lights I managed to get down to Central station in
    about 12 minutes.

    I think I wore every red-light except one, so it takes roughly the same time to ride from Cnr King &
    George across to Castlereagh, then down to Central as it does to walk to Town Hall station and catch
    the metro one stop.

    It was a bit daunting riding amongst the cars & buses but when I realised I could accelerate much
    faster than a bus (even carrying laptop bag) I kind of found some idiot-confidence.

    cheers, -kt

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.