Sydney Commute - Hills to Homebush route suggestions

Rockslayer

Sep 11, 2006
I was considering commuting by bike the 30-33kms from North of Dural to Lidcombe a couple days a week.
The ride between Galston road to Old Northern to new line no problem. And the bit between Silverwater Bridge and work I will go through Homebush bay and hill road.

I was hoping someone can help me fill in the middle bit, the two options I see Newline-Castlehill road-Pennant hills road- Marsden road? Maybe Dundas valley ...Ermington Silverwater Bridge?
or David Road thru to County- Highs Aiken etc the Oaks road and Dundas valley and ......?
I have two totally different bikes Roadie and a Dualie MTB (with front lockout and most of rear will lock) Can I get away with riding the roadie and hitting some paths? Dualie not a problem downhill to work but uphill home (slower and nobby tyres)?

I prefer to stay off busy roads away from traffic as much as possible as being a driver on the road is freaky enough. Anyone else ride this way to work and suggest a relatively safe and efficient option on a bike?

Thanks in Advance.

sogood said:
Always check Bikely.com first for ideas.
Perfect, just the type of site I was after. I think I managed to put bits and pieces together from various rides to create the best route/s for the whole trip to work.
Cheers!!!