[SYDNEY] I'm looking for riding buddies.

synchronicity

Dec 14, 2003
This is my first post, but I've been riding for about 10 years. As the title says, I'm looking for people to ride/train with. I stacked it yesterday, my glove was absolutely soaked in blood, and I'm fed up with cycling alone.

I'm not fussed when I ride - I want to ride outside normal work hours. Weekends, weekdays, mornings, afternoons, whatever.
I am, however, fussed where I ride. I've broken two wrists in as many years because of stupid car drivers, in addition to yesterdays "minor" stack, and I absolutely hate riding in traffic now. :mad:
Country rides (away from the city) are what I like best. :) I live in Hurstville NSW. They've closed the M5 road past liverpool and now the coalcliff road is going to be closed until 2005 or 2006. Finding it difficult to plan new rides...... especially without a car. :confused:

In the last year I bought a motorcycle, and since then the road bike has taken a back seat. I'm going to need extra motivation to get back into it now. Basically, I found a terriffic motorcycle forum and riding with new people was really fun, they were so open and inviting and I'm hoping to find the same thing here. In the past, I've found roadies to be quite clicky, so I don't like big groups. BTW I don't care if you've got a twelve hundred dollar bike or a twelve thousand dollar bike, male/female - I'm not fussed.

If you're interested, please reply to this or E-mail me if you find yourself reading this but it was posted ages ago: [email protected]
I don't care if you see this 6 months down the track..... I'll most likely still be looking for riding/training partners/buddies.

Thanks. :D

if u want to head up north there is a friendly bunch that leaves at 7:00 from renegade cycles on saturdays

Originally posted by M2cycler
if u want to head up north there is a friendly bunch that leaves at 7:00 from renegade cycles on saturdays

I was hoping to do rides in the south, but thanks anyway!!:D
...... I might give it a go early in the new year. Where do you usually head out / how many km?

I know there's a group that heads out around botany bay, but I don't know where they meet up - anyone know anything about that?:confused:

Randwick Botany and Sydney cycling clubs do rides around Laperouse/Maroubra and watsons bay during the week.

The rides start from Centennial park at 0600 and you can get more info from the clubs websites

don't know of any clubs down south tho

Originally posted by synchronicity
They've closed the M5 road past liverpool and now the coalcliff road is going to be closed until 2005 or 2006. Finding it difficult to plan new rides...... especially without a car. :confused:

If you're interested, please reply to this or E-mail me if you find yourself reading this but it was posted ages ago: [email protected]
I don't care if you see this 6 months down the track..... I'll most likely still be looking for riding/training partners/buddies.

You can still train on the M5,its just abit narrow on the stretch leading to the Crossroads.I train most days on it starting at the Revesby Maccas turnoff.Because i work shiftwork,i train at different hours.