Sydney: Parramatta to Spit Bridge, route suggestions?

Anyone got any bright ideas for getting from Parramatta to Spit Bridge?

My thoughts are
1/ Ryde Rd/Burns Bay Rd/Gore Hill Fwy or Pac Hwy/Military Rd
2/ M4/Haberfield/Rozelle/Anzac Bridge/Harbour Bridge/Military Rd.

The big bugbear is getting through Lane Cove without running up and
down too many hills.

There's some cycleways I can use on both routes, but clearly much of it
will on on-road.

[email protected] wrote:
> Anyone got any bright ideas for getting from Parramatta to Spit

Bridge?

> My thoughts are
> 1/ Ryde Rd/Burns Bay Rd/Gore Hill Fwy or Pac Hwy/Military Rd

ermm.. this was supposed to read
"victoria rd/Burns Bay Rd/Gore Hill Fwy or Pac Hwy/Military Rd"

Anyone got any bright ideas for getting from Parramatta to Spit Bridge?

My thoughts are
1/ Ryde Rd/Burns Bay Rd/Gore Hill Fwy or Pac Hwy/Military Rd
2/ M4/Haberfield/Rozelle/Anzac Bridge/Harbour Bridge/Military Rd.

The big bugbear is getting through Lane Cove without running up and
down too many hills.

There's some cycleways I can use on both routes, but clearly much of it
will on on-road.

I occasionally ride across Spit Bridge on my way to Akuna Bay from Concord and almost always take the southerly option (Haberfield/Anzac Br/Harbour BR/...). There are more on and off road facilities and less hills. If you don't like Military Road, you can go through Cremorne/Neutral Bay (south option) or follow Ernest Street (north option). Obviously, you have to take Military Road at the end and find out how fast you can go down the hill to the Spit.

Cheers,
Ritch

"ritcho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| I occasionally ride across Spit Bridge on my way to Akuna Bay from
| Concord and almost always take the southerly option (Haberfield/Anzac
| Br/Harbour BR/...). There are more on and off road facilities and less
| hills. If you don't like Military Road, you can go through
| Cremorne/Neutral Bay (south option) or follow Ernest Street (north
| option). Obviously, you have to take Military Road at the end and find
| out how fast you can go down the hill to the Spit.
|
| Cheers,
| Ritch
|

| --
| ritcho

Then how slow up to Seaforth / Balgowlah :(
Jock

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Ahh.. which is the beautiful part of my plan.. I'm stopping at the
| Spit.. there is the issue of getting back up in the afternoon, however.

I used to ride Mosman up to Palm Beach and back. It was great when they put
in the burnt ck. bypass. Going up from the Spit to Mosman, I would take the
Chinamans Beach track.. It was less likely to have buses being 'right
there'. Some great hills in Sydney for the mountaineers.
Jock