Sydney Spring Cycle

alwaysmiling

Jul 6, 2006
Who is going to ride or volunteer on the Sydney Spring Cycle?

Last year I was a volunteer on the Sydney Spring Cycle.
In 2004 I was a volunteer on Cycle Sydney.

This year I would like to ride the Sydney Spring Cycle.

alwaysmiling said:

Go for it! :)

We're hoping to ride it this year, but that will depend on how organised we are since we are going away on holiday the next day.

matagi said:
Go for it! :)

We're hoping to ride it this year, but that will depend on how organised we are since we are going away on holiday the next day.
I'm booked but I'll be disappointed if your, um, team, doesn't participate. I was looking forward to following them in the Spring ride as well:)

//kak

I was told by my doctor to not cycle for a month....a month!!!. Well, that puts me out of doing the Spring Cycle, Gong Ride and the Oaks and Ourimbah rides a friend has organised :mad:. It seems what I thought was cramping is more likely damage (tears) on my quads. Have to go back to the doctor after 4 weeks to sort out what to do next.
Anyone got some good cycling DVDs they want to loan me? :)

Missed this ride last year. Unfortunately this year I have exams on the Monday following the ride, looks like I will have to give it a miss this year as well.

Just registered last night. First time after wanting to do it for years and years. :eek:

How are people getting there? I guess the cycleway over the bridge going Nth is heavily congested in the morning. What's a good time to show up to minimise the crowd both for the ride there as well as the actual ride?

Night_owl said:
Anyone want to know the route for the spring cycle?
I was interested in trying it out one Sunday, just for a bit of fun.
So I looked the RTA Website, and I found some maps for the ride. http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/newsevents/downloads/sydney_spring_cycle_maps_2006.html

Happy Riding

The Sydney Spring Cycle goes over the Glebe Island Bridge.
The bridge is normally closed.
Going over the ANZAC Bridge would give cyclists a better view.
What do you think?

Keep cycling for fun

sogood said:
Just registered last night. First time after wanting to do it for years and years. :eek:

How are people getting there? I guess the cycleway over the bridge going Nth is heavily congested in the morning. What's a good time to show up to minimise the crowd both for the ride there as well as the actual ride?

I live on the Lower North Shore. To get to get to the start of the Sydney Spring Cycle I don't need to ride the Sydney Harbour Bridge cycleway.

Any cyclists from the Lower North Shore or Northern Beaches going to ride the Sydney Spring Cycle?
If you are, what type of bike will you ride in the Sydney Spring Cycle?

Keep cycling for Fun

sogood said:

I don't remember the bridge cycleway being too bad last year - I think that a lot of people drive or catch PT to get there.

alwaysmiling said:
I live on the Lower North Shore. To get to get to the start of the Sydney Spring Cycle I don't need to ride the Sydney Harbour Bridge cycleway.

Any cyclists from the Lower North Shore or Northern Beaches going to ride the Sydney Spring Cycle?
If you are, what type of bike will you ride in the Sydney Spring Cycle?

Keep cycling for Fun
I'll be coming from Oatlands, anyone thinking of riding to the start?

robalert said:
Not from where you are, but I would imagine you'd find a few people heading that way as you ride along.

I'm getting the train into Nth Sydney from Liverpool, doing the ride and then riding back from Homebush.

--
n

I've signed up Sydney Spring Cycle as well. Has anyone received their jersey and information pack yet?

I am still waiting for mine! :mad:

Technik said:
I've signed up Sydney Spring Cycle as well. Has anyone received their jersey and information pack yet?

I am still waiting for mine! :mad:
I was thinking the same thing - haven't heard anything yet. I believe they said end of September - perhaps the long weekend threw them off or they're just running a bit behind due to large numbers(?).

// k

kakman said:
I was thinking the same thing - haven't heard anything yet. I believe they said end of September - perhaps the long weekend threw them off or they're just running a bit behind due to large numbers(?).

// k
Right! Glad I'm not the only person waiting for it, there are only 2 weeks away..

i am going to the ride for the first time this year i am training from riverstone anyone else comming from this way looking for company to travel with and any ideas thanks

alwaysmiling said:
Who is going to ride or volunteer on the Sydney Spring Cycle?

Last year I was a volunteer on the Sydney Spring Cycle.
In 2004 I was a volunteer on Cycle Sydney.

robalert said:
Rob,

Are you going through Strathfield / Homebush or are you sticking north of the river?

Scotty