Sydney Spring Cycle.....

Can I ask why it's not worth doing? I was kind of thinking about it..

gulag said:
Can I ask why it's not worth doing? I was kind of thinking about it..

Didn't say it wasn't worth doing, just that I wouldn't do it again. There's a lot of people there who aren't very competent riders and I'd prefer to just do a ride with a few trusted friends. It was nice to do once, but I think once is enough.

Doing it again for about the 7th time..but as the years have gone on so has the incompetence with BNSW organising it. T'was better done when the RTA used to run it. The t shirts & drink bottles were a nice token but they've long gone. The ride is also shorter now that it goes to Homebush and not Parramatta park (they just pad out the last 10km criss crossing the bike tracks at Olympic Park).
Last year the mechanics didn't even bother to turn up and had to wait until I was back at Nth Sydney to get an inner tube from a bike shop that was still open. I see this year there's only a one hour window of departure times.
Don't expect any support along the way; take everything with you. Any food for sale along the way and at the end is over priced greasy junk; just what you want after riding 40km.
Many of the cyclists are of the type that gets out the Huffy once a year but they're easy enough to ride around.
I think the only reason I keep doing this ride is it gets me prepared for the Gong ride...a much better experience.

::dom:: said:
Anyone doing it?
It was worth it! Because the day was so windy you couldn't ride otherwise... met some interesting people, saw funny cycling stuff - more like a social gathering than a ride but still enjoyable. A proper finale to a 3000kms ride in Australia