Sydney to Canberra

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Unkey Munkey, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Unkey Munkey

    Unkey Munkey Guest

    I'm on holidays for the next 3 weeks, and I figure I might ride down to
    Canberra to visit my sister. I've never done Sydney to Canberra before,
    so I'd like some advice ..
    What's the best route? (i'm not in a hurry)
    How long will it take?

    thanks
    Munk3y

    Tags:

  2. Unkey Munkey wrote:

    > I'm on holidays for the next 3 weeks, and I figure I might ride down to
    > Canberra to visit my sister. I've never done Sydney to Canberra before,
    > so I'd like some advice ..
    > What's the best route? (i'm not in a hurry)
    > How long will it take?

    2-4 days.

    Are you camping or motelling?

    If you are dutch, you just do the highways (Hume & Federal). Roughly
    Moss Vale and Goulburn for overnights.

    Generally, take the trains to Campbelltown, then Menangle, Picton and
    old Hume Highway to Mittagong, then Moss Vale.

    Then Moss Vale, Bundanoon, to Marulan, short bit on highway, then off
    highway via route to Bungonia Caves, or follow the Highway to Goulburn.

    Goulburn, either highways, or Bungendore, ??? and Kings ??? way in from
    east.

    bit rough as it is a while since I've looked at map.

    If you are camping, I will have to dig out details.

    --
    Terry Collins {:)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
    http://www.woa.com.au