Symmetrical cartridge bottom brackets - besides Phil

Status

Bruce Lange

Guest
Does anybody know which standard-taper cartridge bottom brackets, other (cheaper) than Phil Wood,
are symmetrical?

I have in front of me a 68x115 Shimano UN-72 that is clearly symmetrical or very, very close
(within 1 mm).

But I've seen many UN-(52,53,72,73) bottom brackets that clearly have a right side offset. Are
certain lengths symmetrical while others are not? Does anybody have a chart that lists offsets? What
about Race-Face and other "aftermarket" bottom brackets?

I know Campy makes some, and that wouldn't be a problem except that I want to use a 130 BCD crank
for the intended application.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Dave Novoselsky

Guest
TA? Go to the Peter White site (www.peterwhitecycles.com) and check out his write up on the TA BBs
and others, including photos and data. Dave "Bruce Lange" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> Does anybody know which standard-taper cartridge bottom brackets, other (cheaper) than Phil Wood,
> are symmetrical?
>
> I have in front of me a 68x115 Shimano UN-72 that is clearly symmetrical
or
> very, very close (within 1 mm).
>
> But I've seen many UN-(52,53,72,73) bottom brackets that clearly have a right side offset. Are
> certain lengths symmetrical while others are not? Does anybody have a chart that lists offsets?
> What about Race-Face and
other
> "aftermarket" bottom brackets?
>
> I know Campy makes some, and that wouldn't be a problem except that I want to use a 130 BCD crank
> for the intended application.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bruce

Velocat

Guest
Check out American Classic

http://www.amclassic.com/BBs.html

Bruce Lange wrote:
> Does anybody know which standard-taper cartridge bottom brackets, other (cheaper) than Phil Wood,
> are symmetrical?
>
> I have in front of me a 68x115 Shimano UN-72 that is clearly symmetrical or very, very close
> (within 1 mm).
>
> But I've seen many UN-(52,53,72,73) bottom brackets that clearly have a right side offset. Are
> certain lengths symmetrical while others are not? Does anybody have a chart that lists offsets?
> What about Race-Face and other "aftermarket" bottom brackets?
>
> I know Campy makes some, and that wouldn't be a problem except that I want to use a 130 BCD crank
> for the intended application.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bruce

Status