Symmetrical cartridge bottom brackets - besides Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bruce Lange

Does anybody know which standard-taper cartridge bottom brackets, other (cheaper) than Phil Wood,
are symmetrical?

I have in front of me a 68x115 Shimano UN-72 that is clearly symmetrical or very, very close
(within 1 mm).

But I've seen many UN-(52,53,72,73) bottom brackets that clearly have a right side offset. Are
certain lengths symmetrical while others are not? Does anybody have a chart that lists offsets? What
about Race-Face and other "aftermarket" bottom brackets?

I know Campy makes some, and that wouldn't be a problem except that I want to use a 130 BCD crank
for the intended application.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

D

Dave Novoselsky

TA? Go to the Peter White site (www.peterwhitecycles.com) and check out his write up on the TA BBs
and others, including photos and data. Dave "Bruce Lange" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
>
> Does anybody know which standard-taper cartridge bottom brackets, other (cheaper) than Phil Wood,
> are symmetrical?
>
> I have in front of me a 68x115 Shimano UN-72 that is clearly symmetrical
or
> very, very close (within 1 mm).
>
> But I've seen many UN-(52,53,72,73) bottom brackets that clearly have a right side offset. Are
> certain lengths symmetrical while others are not? Does anybody have a chart that lists offsets?
> What about Race-Face and
other
> "aftermarket" bottom brackets?
>
> I know Campy makes some, and that wouldn't be a problem except that I want to use a 130 BCD crank
> for the intended application.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bruce

V

Velocat

Check out American Classic

http://www.amclassic.com/BBs.html

Bruce Lange wrote:
> Does anybody know which standard-taper cartridge bottom brackets, other (cheaper) than Phil Wood,
> are symmetrical?
>
> I have in front of me a 68x115 Shimano UN-72 that is clearly symmetrical or very, very close
> (within 1 mm).
>
> But I've seen many UN-(52,53,72,73) bottom brackets that clearly have a right side offset. Are
> certain lengths symmetrical while others are not? Does anybody have a chart that lists offsets?
> What about Race-Face and other "aftermarket" bottom brackets?
>
> I know Campy makes some, and that wouldn't be a problem except that I want to use a 130 BCD crank
> for the intended application.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.