Szczepaniak brothers positive for EPO at cyclo-cross Worlds

swampy1970

Feb 3, 2008
Szczepaniak Brothers Positive For EPO At Cyclo-cross Worlds | Cyclingnews.com

Polish top two in Under-23 race provisionally suspended

Polish brothers Pawel and Kacper Szczepaniak, who finished first and second in this year's under 23 cyclo-cross World Championship, have returned positive results for EPO, in controls carried out at the event which took place in Tabor, Czech Republic in January.

The International Cycling Union (UCI) confirmed on Thursday that the brothers' positive results came from targeted urine tests carried out following the under-23 World Championship race. The two had been targeted after suspicious blood profiles were revealed as part of their respective biological passports.

More suckage.

... but as ever, I see the 'success' of the bio-assport is being touted again - even though they were caught following a madatory test for finishing on the podium. DOH!

I usually don't scope out the news that deeply, but there seems to be a rash of EPO busts, a female Polish Olympic skier has just been busted on EPO, this Giunti mentioned in cycling and an Ethiopian Marathoner, just busted. Easy to be skeptical on marathoners.

King Plum said:
I usually don't scope out the news that deeply, but there seems to be a rash of EPO busts, a female Polish Olympic skier has just been busted on EPO, this Giunti mentioned in cycling and an Ethiopian Marathoner, just busted. Easy to be skeptical on marathoners.

Good testing is probably more available now. Here in Australia the AFL (afl.com.au) are going to start testing players for EPO, will be interesting to see if there are a heap of positives.