T-Mobile consider Klöden return

JoshuaBoy said:
Interesting that all they want is a strong stand against Vino and Kash. I like Klodi as a rider, but I have to say that I am guessing they are telling him behind the scenes that he has to adopt a cleaner method of training. Irrespective of what Doctor.Moron says, it is clear that T-Mobile is trying to legitimately clean -up, and it is pretty obvious that he was juiced the TDF. He went to Astana, and if you go to a barber shop, you are there to get a hair cut, and even if you say you are just hanging out, sooner or later you will get a ****ing haircut.

I've heard this rumor but I would be in shock if it came to pass. There was a lot of things said and bad blood between Kloden and T- Mobile but we will see.
I can even get along with my Ex from a distance ...so anything is possible.

If Kloden does go back to TMO : it only follows the pattern of several German riders.

For whatever reason, German riders prefer to ride with German teams or more accurately, German-based teams.
It's a curious trait.
So it doesn't surprise me that Kloden may be considering a move back to TMO,
despite everything that happened when Kloden walked away from TMO.

It's interesting that Klöden's last entry on his website sort of addressed the doping problem. Basically he said he wondered why riders still dope, etc....Could be a sign of upcoming pr spin

Post 2006/2007 Operation Puerto media disclosures and the cowardly abandonment and sporting frauds by Lance Pharmstrong's Discovery Channel---there will be very few paying jobs left in pro cycling for 2008.

Team blood doped Astana rider Andreas Kloden will go wherever he finds cash flow. Kloden has little choice other than to quit.

This is precious:

"The problem with the deal lies in T-Mobile's aggressive anti-doping policy, and Klöden's failure to publicly criticise his team-mates in the Astana team, Matthias Kessler, Andrey Kashechkin and the aforementioned Vinokourov in the wake of their positive tests."

Just like Aldag the multi-year EPO injecting hypocrite criticized his former teammates all without admitting that he was a doper (until he was forced to after the T-Mobile EPO injecting doping docs who were in charge of the teams anti-doping (oxymoron) program were exposed).

Didn't Aldag claim he had confidence in the doping doctors innocence, and didn't he ridicule the claims of this former teammate prior to the the truth coming out?

Fisher79 said:
It's interesting that Klöden's last entry on his website sort of addressed the doping problem. Basically he said he wondered why riders still dope, etc....Could be a sign of upcoming pr spin
I will tell Henry that you found out...

Serafino said:
This is precious:

"The problem with the deal lies in T-Mobile's aggressive anti-doping policy, and Klöden's failure to publicly criticise his team-mates in the Astana team, Matthias Kessler, Andrey Kashechkin and the aforementioned Vinokourov in the wake of their positive tests."

Just like Aldag the multi-year EPO injecting hypocrite criticized his former teammates all without admitting that he was a doper (until he was forced to after the T-Mobile EPO injecting doping docs who were in charge of the teams anti-doping (oxymoron) program were exposed).

Didn't Aldag claim he had confidence in the doping doctors innocence, and didn't he ridicule the claims of this former teammate prior to the the truth coming out?
ROTFLMAO!!! :D

From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/aug07/aug18news

Andreas Klöden is looking to leave Team Astana, his manager Tony Rominger has told L'Equipe, and added that it had been a "mistake" to sign with the Kazakhi team. Klöden was forced to leave the Tour de France while sitting in fifth place overall when his team-mate Alexander Vinokourov tested positive for an illegal blood transfusion.

Klöden came to the Kazakh-led team from the German T-Mobile squad, a team which was negotiating for his renewal at the time. "Andreas would have done better to accept T-Mobile's offer last year, but hindsight is always better," Rominger said.

Rominger added that the German "will be able to find a new employer. He is interested in a well-structured team." He denied that T-Mobile had come to offer his old job back. "There is no contact yet with T-Mobile," Rominger stated.

Klöden may not be the only Astana rider looking for a job. Team manager Marc Biver has been summoned to appear before the UCI later this month, with speculation that the team could lose its ProTour license because of its doping problems.
------------------

I think its crazy that he's being criticized for not being vociferous enough in denying doping by the T-mob camp. Whether he doped/or is doping isn't even the question ...but its the fact that he has to loudly proclaim he's anti-doping in order to get hired? What do they want him to do, take out a full page ad in L'Equipe proclaiming his innocence? :rolleyes:

Anyway, any guesses for new teams (if not T-mob?)

So it's not enough to be a strong rider any more. You have to be a politician as well.

I suppose that since the race organizers are turning to politics and rumors to decide who starts, it makes sense that the winner should be politically astute as well.

JohnO said:
So it's not enough to be a strong rider any more. You have to be a politician as well.

I suppose that since the race organizers are turning to politics and rumors to decide who starts, it makes sense that the winner should be politically astute as well.
Maybe I should start doing management for riders, after all I studies a couple of years political science. I would sue them every time they are trying to prevent somebody from making a living by riding races. The rule of law even applies to race-organizers, teams and federations.

cyclingheroes said:
Maybe I should start doing management for riders, after all I studies a couple of years political science. I would sue them every time they are trying to prevent somebody from making a living by riding races. The rule of law even applies to race-organizers, teams and federations.

The "Golden Rule"!
Who ever has the gold......makes the rules. :cool: