T-Mobile - Justice is Done

In article <[email protected]>,
Cyrus De Kline <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jul 16, 10:43 am, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Andre wrote:
> > > Evans never attacks! But none of the other racers were helping Moreau.
> > > I agree that group could have put the Vino/Kloden/Levi/Sastre group in
> > > trouble today.

> > Moreau seemed to be up for it today. I hope I'm wrong in wondering if, at
> > 36, he'll be able to recover well enough for the steeper Pyrenean climbs
> > after the TT next weekend.

> He forced it too much. By attacking his breakaway companions several
> times he clearly showed them that he was the strongest of the group.
> >From then on, they wouldn't cooperate anymore. Dumbass move by Moreau,

> really.
> Why should they help the guy that attacked them just before?
> It was all of them against him from this point on. Of course they
> wouldn't let him go anymore.
>
> Mayo showed them how it's done:
> Attack once. The others have to chase back.
> Make yourself disappear in the group. Play dead (you seemingly put all
> your effort into your first attack).
> Attack when nobody expects it because they think you are dead.
>
> Unfortunately for Mayo, it only works once. In the next stages he will
> also be a marked man.

Let's also give points to Mayo for another thing: not insta-tanking when
he hit the hills.

I was actually planning to write a joke post about how the schedule for
Sunday's stage was for Mayo to disappear off the back on the second Cat1
climb of the stage, and now I'm quite glad I didn't get around to it.

Andre <[email protected]> writes:

> On Jul 16, 5:48 am, Cyrus De Kline <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Jul 15, 5:21 pm, "JC" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> > "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> >news:[email protected]...

>> > The commentators i'm listening to weren't exactly in agreeance with your
>> > views :)

>> The guys _in_ the race (riders and their directeurs sportifs), however
>> seemed to agree by letting Rogers go into such rather serious break in
>> the first place. And these are the guys that count more than any
>> commentators. Rogers was a GC contender only in the eyes of the T-Mob
>> (weel, maybe also the cyclingnews-Oz-connection).
>> Unfortunately for all of us, we cannot be proved wrong either way
>> anymore.- Hide quoted text -

> Levi benefitted also from those strange tactics played out in the
> Moreau group. Levi made up some time and is still in contention.

Well each Directeur Sportif has his own ideas on strategy and tactics

And in a way that's what makes stage racing less boring.

However, it's still my contention that several potential opportunities
were missed by several squads yesterday and in particular by T-Mobile

In my day any squad that failed to defend the Jersey, no matter how
lowly the rider wearing it ranked in the heirarchy, were lower than
Dog ****.

And to think that Rogers was ever a contender was proven to be the
height of idiocy when he put his foot down shortly after being reeled
in by a group with whom he couldn't trade pedal strokes.

'Twas a Bad Day all round for T-Mobile. If they'd rallied around
Gerdemann they might have saved the Jersey, and even if they didn't,
they would have got lots of highly favourable Press coverage that the
Sponsor could have used.

Instead if the competition have any balls, they'll run a full page
piccy of Rogers with a caption something like "Would you trust your
Communications to an outfit that Quits when the going gets Tough?"

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
-

Man I second that emotion. Moreau was the man of the day besides
Razzy. You could see him attack to make a selection and then those
that were strong enough to make it up to him were unwilling to get
their nose in the wind. Schleck I can understand, he has his boss back
there. But Evans? Valverde? In frustration, Moreau went again hoping
to cause a split that would make the others ride. But those dudes for
some inexplicable reason never worked together, when it was definitely
in their own mutual interest. Were they given some weird set of team
orders over the earpieces? I was really rather amazed. Moreau rides
with heart and I hope France gets a tour win since what, 1986? Also
props too to Contador.

On Jul 16, 2:35 pm, [email protected] wrote:

> Also props too to Contador.

Sucks that he had that flat. Would have been interesting to see what
he could have done with better luck. Hopefully this will make him
hungrier.

At one point he seemed to have a particular objection to Cadel getting
on his wheel. Short of turning around and smacking him, he couldn't
have made it much clearer that he wasn't putting up with Evan's
leeching.

On Jul 16, 3:43 pm, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, Davey Crockett
>
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
> > Instead if the competition have any balls, they'll run a full page
> > piccy of Rogers with a caption something like "Would you trust your
> > Communications to an outfit that Quits when the going gets Tough?"

> So you're going to cycle up a mountain with a dislocated shoulder, are you?

With a virtual dislocated shoulder and virtual balls...sure, why
wouldn't he?

> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> Let's also give points to Mayo for another thing: not insta-tanking when
> he hit the hills.

It's really great to see Iban riding like we all knew he could. I have a
suspicion that Euskatel had him on a training regime that didn't work for
him but worked for the coach.

On Jul 16, 2:48 am, Cyrus De Kline <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Rogers was about as much comparable to Maillot Jaune Material
> > > as my Ass

> > The commentators i'm listening to weren't exactly in agreeance with your
> > views :)

> The guys _in_ the race (riders and their directeurs sportifs), however
> seemed to agree by letting Rogers go into such rather serious break in
> the first place. And these are the guys that count more than any
> commentators. Rogers was a GC contender only in the eyes of the T-Mob
> (weel, maybe also the cyclingnews-Oz-connection).

Dumbass -

That doesn't make the case for a couple of reasons:

1) They could be playing "chicken" with each other, trying to goad the
other team into doing the work
2) They could be wrong about a rider. They have in the past: letting
Perriero go last year for 30 minutes or letting Chiapucci go in 1989.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

> in message <[email protected]>, Davey Crockett
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> Instead if the competition have any balls, they'll run a full page
>> piccy of Rogers with a caption something like "Would you trust your
>> Communications to an outfit that Quits when the going gets Tough?"

> So you're going to cycle up a mountain with a dislocated shoulder, are
> you?

From what he's been posting, one can only gather he has nothing but a
personal dislike for certain riders/teams

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, Davey Crockett
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> Instead if the competition have any balls, they'll run a full page
>> piccy of Rogers with a caption something like "Would you trust your
>> Communications to an outfit that Quits when the going gets Tough?"

> So you're going to cycle up a mountain with a dislocated shoulder, are you?

Tougher riders have cycled up with worse.

"JC" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> in message <[email protected]>, Davey Crockett
>> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>>
>>> Instead if the competition have any balls, they'll run a full page
>>> piccy of Rogers with a caption something like "Would you trust your
>>> Communications to an outfit that Quits when the going gets Tough?"

>> So you're going to cycle up a mountain with a dislocated shoulder, are
>> you?

> From what he's been posting, one can only gather he has nothing but a
> personal dislike for certain riders/teams

That Piece Of **** squad led the doping charge for more years than I
can remember, no matter what lies or "Spin" they put on it now.or how
loudly they proclaim their intent to rid the World of the Doperz. It's
simply a Crock of **** as their whole team strategy was based on
doping as late as last year. But this year, like sundry other
miscreants populating the jails of the world, it seems they have got
Religion when in fact they are not sorry at all that they doped. Just
extremely sorry that they got caught.

Doping, they name is TELEKOM

Happily though, this year they are no longer Dopers but just plain
DOPES and it couldn't happen to a nicer Squad

Admittedly it started later in Kommie Kraut Cycling than in the other
sports, but became de rigeur after the 1972 bikie squad were totally
shut out of any meaningful medals at that year's Olympic Follies when
they cleaned up in every other sport

GOLD
Peter Frenkel — Athletics, Men's 20km Walk
Wolfgang Nordwig — Athletics, Men's Pole Vault
Renate Stecher — Athletics, Women's 100 metres
Renate Stecher — Athletics, Women's 200 metres
Monika Zehrt — Athletics, Women's 400 metres
Annelie Ehrhardt — Athletics, Women's 100m Hurdles
Monika Zehrt, Dagmar Käsling, Rita Kühne, and Helga Seidler — Athletics, Women's 4x400m Relay
Ruth Fuchs — Athletics, Women's Javelin Throw
Siegbert Horn — Canoeing, Men's K1 Kayak Slalom Singles
Reinhard Eiben — Canoeing, Men's C1 Canadian Slalom Singles
Rolf-Dieter Amend and Walter Hofmann — Canoeing, Men's C2 Canadian Slalom Pairs
Angelika Bahmann — Canoeing, Women's K1 Kayak Slalom Singles
Klaus Köste — Gymnastics, Men's Long Horse Vault
Karin Janz — Gymnastics, Women's Side Horse Vault
Karin Janz — Gymnastics, Women's Asymmetrical Bars
Siegfried Brietzke and Wolfgang Mager — Rowing, Men's Coxless Pairs
Wolfgang Gunkel, Jörg Lucke, and Klaus-Dieter Neubert — Rowing, Men's Coxed Pairs
Dieter Schubert, Frank Forberger, Dieter Grahn and Frank Rühle — Rowing, Men's Coxless Fours
Roland Matthes — Swimming, Men's 100m Backstroke
Roland Matthes — Swimming, Men's 200m Backstroke

SILVER
Stefan Junge — Athletics, Men's High Jump
Jörg Drehmel — Athletics, Men's Triple Jump
Jochen Sachse — Athletics, Men's Hammer Throw
Gunhild Hoffmeister — Athletics, Women's 1500 metres
— Athletics, Women's 4x100m Relay
Margitta Gummel-Helmboldt — Athletics, Women's Shot Put
Jacqueline Todten — Athletics, Women's Javelin Throw
Petra Grabowski and Ilse Kaschube — Canoeing, Women's K2 500m Kayak Pairs
— Cycling, Men's 4000m Team Pursuit
Jürgen Geschke and Werner Otto — Cycling, Men's 2000m Tandem
Karin Janz — Gymnastics, Women's All-Around Individual
Erika Zuchold — Gymnastics, Women's Side Horse Vault
Erika Zuchold — Gymnastics, Women's Asymmetrical Bars
— Gymnastics, Women's Team Combined Exercises
— Rowing, Men's Coxed Fours
- Swimming, Men's 4x100m Medley Relay
Roswitha Beier — Swimming, Women's 100m Butterfly
Kornelia Ender — Swimming, Women's 200m Individual Medley
— Swimming, Women's 4x100m Freestyle Relay
— Swimming, Women's 4x100m Medley Relay
— Volleyball, Men's Team Competition
Heinz-Helmut Wehling — Wrestling, Men's Greco-Roman Featherweight
Paul Borowski, Karl-Heinz Thun and Konrad Weichert — Sailing, Men's Dragon Class

BRONZE
Hans-Georg Reimann — Athletics, Men's 20km Walk
Hartmut Briesenick — Athletics, Men's Shot Put
Gunhild Hoffmeister — Athletics, Women's 800 metres
Karin Balzer — Athletics, Women's 100m Hurdles
Burglinde Pollak — Athletics, Women's Pentathlon
Peter Tiepold — Boxing, Men's Light Middleweight
Marina Janicke — Diving, Women's 3m Springboard
Marina Janicke — Diving, Women's 10m Platform
Harald Gimpel — Canoeing, Men's K1 Kayak Slalom Singles
Jürgen Schütze — Cycling, Men's 1000m Time Trial
— Gymnastics, Men's Team Combined Exercises
Karin Janz — Gymnastics, Women's Balance Beam
Dietmar Hötger — Judo, Men's Half Middleweight (70 kg)
Wolfgang Güldenpfennig — Rowing, Men's Single Sculls
Joachim Böhmer and Hans-Ullrich Schmied — Rowing, Men's Double Sculls
— Rowing, Men's Rowing Eights
Werner Lippoldt — Shooting, Men's Small-bore Rifle, Three Positions
Michael Buchheim — Shooting, Men's Skeet Shooting
— Football (soccer), Men's Team Competition
— Swimming, Men's 4x100m Freestyle Relay
Gudrun Wegner — Swimming, Women's 400m Freestyle
Stefan Grützner — Weightlifting, Men's Heavyweight
Gerd Bonk — Weightlifting, Men's Super Heavyweight

CYCLING ONLY
Men's Individual Road Race
Karl-Heinz Oberfranz — 30th place
Wolfgang Wesemann — 33rd place
Dieter Gonschorek — Packed
Wolfram Kühn — Packed

Men's 1.000m Time Trial
Jürgen Schütze
Final — 1:07.02 ( Bronze Medal)

Men's Tandem
Jürgen Geschke and Werner Otto — Silver Medal

And after that it took off bigtime, starting way before Christian Henn
ending with the sorry platitudes the WunderKind was spewing the other
day most probably on orders from his DS

http://www.denverpost.com/technology/ci_6377064

Jeepers, even Paddy McBoggy's got religion these days, but then he's
stupid enough to believe anything

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,429321,00.html

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
-
A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation."
- President Ronald Reagan²

Tom Kunich wrote:
> It's really great to see Iban riding like we all knew he could. I have a
> suspicion that Euskatel had him on a training regime that didn't work for
> him but worked for the coach.

I suspect Euskatel never had much of a scientific training program going.
It was probably just a case of go out and ride which may work up to a
point with very talented riders but when you get to the top level you need
every edge you can get.

"Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> It's really great to see Iban riding like we all knew he could. I have a
>> suspicion that Euskatel had him on a training regime that didn't work for
>> him but worked for the coach.

> I suspect Euskatel never had much of a scientific training program going.
> It was probably just a case of go out and ride which may work up to a
> point with very talented riders but when you get to the top level you need
> every edge you can get.

I remember that little dumbshit EE guy who won a big stage in front of Lance
a couple of years ago saying that every year they gave him a training
program and every year he threw it away and did what he felt like.

In article <[email protected]>,
RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jul 15, 11:33 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Well of course. When a race has been as boring as this one has been
> > with only minor points of interest, it's the job of the commentators
> > to fire up the Wankers so they don't flip the channel to a Tractor
> > Pull or Chicks Mud Wrestling, both of which would be eminently more
> > entertaining.

> I've enjoyed the race so far and only found that one slow stage
> frustrating (which was corrected later in the day). What exactly were
> you hoping would happen in the first week?

Well in previous years, the peloton has literally exploded.

In article
<[email protected]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> RicodJour <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 15, 11:33 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Well of course. When a race has been as boring as this one has been
> > > with only minor points of interest, it's the job of the commentators
> > > to fire up the Wankers so they don't flip the channel to a Tractor
> > > Pull or Chicks Mud Wrestling, both of which would be eminently more
> > > entertaining.

> > I've enjoyed the race so far and only found that one slow stage
> > frustrating (which was corrected later in the day). What exactly were
> > you hoping would happen in the first week?

> Well in previous years, the peloton has literally exploded.

Did you count the broken bones this year?

--
Michael Press