Andreas Klöden
Sergey Gonchar
Matthias Kessler
Eddy Mazzoleni
Michael Rogers
Patrick Sinkewitz
Guiseppe Guerini
Oscar Sevilla

Part of me is surprised that Sevilla is there, despite his climbing abilities. The German press had led us to believe he would be dropped because of the doping affair. Perhaps TMO know something we don't because his 'excuse' for being filmed at the clinic seemes pretty lame to me. Going on current form, I don't think this is the best they could have come up with although if all these riders are on form for the tour it will be a good team. Would liked to have seen Kohl and Gerdemann in there even if Kohl was already marked down for the Tour of Austria. Hope Kloden finds his form as he hasn't shown any at all yet since coming back from injury. What has Mazzoleni done this year either?

alibat said:
Part of me is surprised that Sevilla is there, despite his climbing abilities. The German press had led us to believe he would be dropped because of the doping affair. Perhaps TMO know something we don't because his 'excuse' for being filmed at the clinic seemes pretty lame to me. Going on current form, I don't think this is the best they could have come up with although if all these riders are on form for the tour it will be a good team. Would liked to have seen Kohl and Gerdemann in there even if Kohl was already marked down for the Tour of Austria. Hope Kloden finds his form as he hasn't shown any at all yet since coming back from injury. What has Mazzoleni done this year either?
did a very good stage in DL he was top group on the most difficult stage in.

but KIRCHEN????????? he was very good in the tour de suisse.. kessler out kirchen in

What does it say about a team if Sevilla, with his lame excuse for being filmed at the Fuentes clinic, is rewarded by selection on the Tour team?

I wonder if the Tour can pull a rider after he starts, if the information on the Fuentes client list is released after the start of the Tour?

musette said:
What does it say about a team if Sevilla, with his lame excuse for being filmed at the Fuentes clinic, is rewarded by selection on the Tour team?

I wonder if the Tour can pull a rider after he starts, if the information on the Fuentes client list is released after the start of the Tour?
I dont know if the Tour can but the team can and then they will be down one rider.

I think the entire team would be threatened if info came out... but hey this is Jan and I think since this years course/profile/parcours was designed by LeBlanc/Pevenage the chances that they will mess with T-Mob are non existent.

Presumably, if this comes out before the start and Sevilla is implicated, TM can use their reserve and pull Sevilla. Maybe that is the plan.

What would be bad would be if Sevilla started, then it were determined that he is implicated, and then JU would be short a domestique.

I think they know what they are doing, according to sportwereld.be Leblanc said that his Spanish contacts told him the case isn't that big... (well i think some people are working hard to cover up a few things, but that doesn't surprise me it's nothing new..)

Just in from my 111 mile spin : that looks like a strong TMO team.
A bit unusual looking at it : no Vino, Aldag, Zabel : strange seeing new names.

It looks like a very strong team.
And Ullrich will have total support in this years TDF.

cyclingheroes said:
T-Mobile anounced it's TdF team:

Jan Ullrich
Andreas Klöden
Sergey Gonchar
Matthias Kessler
Eddy Mazzoleni
Michael Rogers
Patrick Sinkewitz
Guiseppe Guerini
Oscar Sevilla
Like Limerick said a strong team. I like the blend of youth with experience, climbers and roulers. For the Time Trials, Gonchar and Rogers will be excellent markers for Ullrich in the TTs.

@limerickman

NO VINO, thank God, we have so many Vinos in D, just taking advantage of you know what. They´re extremely good at sorting those things out, they´re all alike and loyalty is just a latinism.

Capt.Injury said:
Like Limerick said a strong team. I like the blend of youth with experience, climbers and roulers. For the Time Trials, Gonchar and Rogers will be excellent markers for Ullrich in the TTs.
Der Jan no need markers!!!

limerickman said:
A bit unusual looking at it : no Vino, : strange seeing new names.
This will be addtion by subtration in my book. The whole team will be working for Jan this season.

limerickman said:
Just in from my 111 mile spin : .
Good for you.... My longest so far this year... 37mi , would have only been 28mi if hadn't decided to take a slightly different leg in the route. Envy....

lw

...i'm liking this line-up. no vino off riding for himself... this should make things very interesting for basso, as long as the t-mob ride to promote jan and the simoni feud grows with the various stages... finally, after seven years, a tdf with some team strategy! yes!

slovakguy said:
...i'm liking this line-up. no vino off riding for himself... this should make things very interesting for basso, as long as the t-mob ride to promote jan and the simoni feud grows with the various stages... finally, after seven years, a tdf with some team strategy! yes!
with any luck vino will have eight guys of his own riding for him. I think a lot of the guys who were top ten last year have complete team support pledged to them with the exception of cadel evans and rasmussen. the strong teams should be able to do a lot more for their leaders in this years edition

slovakguy said:
with any luck vino will have eight guys of his own riding for him. I think a lot of the guys who were top ten last year have complete team support pledged to them with the exception of cadel evans and rasmussen. the strong teams should be able to do a lot more for their leaders in this years edition

bobke said:
I dont know if the Tour can but the team can and then they will be down one rider.

I think the entire team would be threatened if info came out... but hey this is Jan and I think since this years course/profile/parcours was designed by LeBlanc/Pevenage the chances that they will mess with T-Mob are non existent.
Strange that we've never heard you complain about the course being designed previously for Lance...

musette said:

There was as much "circumstantial evidence" (if not more) about doping at DSC. Their riders were never pulled from the Tour. Why would you want a double standard?

bobke said:

Strange that we've never heard you complain about the course being designed previously for Lance...

musette said:

There was as much "circumstantial evidence" (if not more) about doping at DSC. Their riders were never pulled from the Tour. Why would you want a double standard?

The course was not previously designed for LA. For example, after LA started doing well i nthe TTT, limitations were placed on the time that could be gained during the TTT placed on placement rankings.

As another example, the first long ITT was delayed one year until later than normal (was it last year?) so that LA could not build up a lead as he usually does in the ITTs so quickly.

The course was not previously designed for LA. For example, after LA started doing well i nthe TTT, limitations were placed on the time that could be gained during the TTT placed on placement rankings.

As another example, the first long ITT was delayed one year until later than normal (was it last year?) so that LA could not build up a lead as he usually does in the ITTs so quickly.