T-Mobile starts to implode!

Qäul dich du sau!
Could someone translate, please? The computer translator fails, and no website found in a search is bilingual. Also, reading between the lines of a language I do not know :) - despite a few years of study at a young age, many decades ago :) - it appears to be a known cultural phrase, so could someone please provide the context? Is it from literature?

cyclingheroes said:
Just that what I posted. But news is coming in fast, I am looking to a talkshow with Aldag, federation officials and prof Bannenberg (the women who started the fraud case against Ullrich in Bonn).

Interesting news is that the state prosecution of Bonn is considering to close the Ullrich case because they are not sure anymore that TM did not know what was going on and in that case it would not be fraud.
No fraud by Ullrich against Telekom, but what about defrauding sponsors, race organizers and the public at large?

fbircher said:
No fraud by Ullrich against Telekom, but what about defrauding sponsors, race organizers and the public at large?
The public doesn't count. Race organizers want exposure. They certainly got that even in the doping era. Who was harmed (then) in a commercial manner?

Ethics, morals, are another story. But its obvious the team knew and thought it was the way to compete. Sponsors want results and exposure. They got plenty of both during the doping era.

Even present day sponsors (especially T-Mobile) can't exactly pretend they didn't know doping existed.

JRMDC said:
Could someone translate, please? The computer translator fails, and no website found in a search is bilingual. Also, reading between the lines of a language I do not know :) - despite a few years of study at a young age, many decades ago :) - it appears to be a known cultural phrase, so could someone please provide the context? Is it from literature?
Yeap... Translation pls:D

Ed Van Hooydonck was a classy rider : his story of having races robbed from him
is just another byproduct of the cancer that is doping.

Serafino said:
I like this part:

In a reaction Johan Museeuw denied and is sorry: "that a two time winner of the Tour of Flanders let himself drag into such false and unfounded allegations."
Yeah, totally unfounded, waspboy.

Professor Huber was suspended by the German Cycling Federation, the German Anti-Doping Agency and the university of Freiburg. He admitted to have doped athletes at the Olympic wintergames of Torino (last year) and cyclists...

Peter Weibel (the German Cycling Federation trainer) will have to appear at a hearing on Tuesday.

University of Freiburg.

If I saw the University of Leipzig being named, I would go with the theory that doping in German sport was pervasive.
Historically Leipzig was the cockpit for the East German swimming program of doping and if memory serves me correctly, I think the East German (womens) athletic doping program was operated from Leipzig too.

Before people here start criticising East Germany and their doping programmes, the East German doping programmes came under goverment policy 14.25.
The pressure to resist doping - in those circumstances - were a lot more difficult than in those Western countries where doping was/is prevalent.

Karl Lewis, FlJo and all the rest of them doped because they chose to.

The state prosecution of Freiburg asked the federal police (BKA) to assist in their investigation against doctors of the university of Freiburg (Heinrich and Schmid)

limerickman said:
University of Freiburg.

If I saw the University of Leipzig being named, I would go with the theory that doping in German sport was pervasive.
Historically Leipzig was the cockpit for the East German swimming program of doping and if memory serves me correctly, I think the East German (womens) athletic doping program was operated from Leipzig too.

Before people here start criticising East Germany and their doping programmes, the East German doping programmes came under goverment policy 14.25.
The pressure to resist doping - in those circumstances - were a lot more difficult than in those Western countries where doping was/is prevalent.

Karl Lewis, FlJo and all the rest of them doped because they chose to.

The IOC is to look at the results of the 2000 Olympic Road Race?

IOC to investigate Telekom at the Olympics

The podium in Sydney
Photo ©: AFP

Riders from Team Telekom won all three medals in the 2000 Olympic road race in Sydney. Will Jan Ullrich, Alexander Vinokourov, and Andreas Klöden now face losing those medals? The International Olympic Committee announced that it has established a disciplinary commission (DC) "to inquire into possible anti-doping violations at previous Olympic Games, in connection with the recent revelations concerning the Telekom Cycling Team. The DC will also inquire into possible anti-doping violations with regard to the activities of physicians from the University of Freiburg (Germany)."

The Commission will consist of Denis Oswald, Sergey Bubka, and Gunilla Lindberg, with Oswald serving as chairman. It will submit its recommendations to the IOC Executive Board.

According to the IOC's press release, "The fight against doping is a top priority for the IOC. The IOC is driving a zero tolerance policy, activating this with stringent means at the Olympic Games and Disciplinary Commissions set up to carry out investigations when necessary. The IOC finds the revelations in recent days disappointing and concerning, and is therefore determined to look into the matter and any possible impact it might have had on the Olympic Games."

"The IOC will keep up the fight against doping through strengthened, concerted efforts between governments, WADA, and the world of sport, not only to test athletes but also to educate young people about the health dangers of doping and the devastating effect it can have on the credibility of sport, as well as on a person's image and career."

"Of course we will cooperate and provide all important information," Michael Vesper, general director of the German Olympic Committee told the dpa regarding the investigation.

Serafino said:
The IOC is to look at the results of the 2000 Olympic Road Race?

The Commission will consist of Denis Oswald, Sergey Bubka, and Gunilla Lindberg, with Oswald serving as chairman. It will submit its recommendations to the IOC Executive Board.
Ah, i´m sure bubka never doped:) .
Anyway and lance and the time trial gold medalist( russian from US POstal, forgot his name), will kept their medals?