T-Mobile strategy

Tejano said:
*** has more than one meaning! And the difference in Britain or the States is huge! Schmoe has more than one meaning! Buy a better dictionary! Schmoe is not an insult in the context it was used!

Tours OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can you say SEVEN?????????????????
The boomakers say Armstrong 1/5.

If it was over they would already be paying out. I don't see anyone doing that but you must know best.

Your problem is that you are lacking in statistical understanding as well as humility and grammar.

mitosis said:
I'm not sure whether you noticed, but LA doesn't race except for Le Tour.

And even in that race he can afford to go all out on an ITT knowing that he will have the protection of a team while he recovers.

And I suppose JU's performance would not have been affected by his accident the day before.

And I don't suppose that its possible that LA would't have planned to go all out in a bid to gain psychological advantage over his more talented rival.

And I suppose he was feining being ****** off after stage 8 because he was left exposed by the riders he bought to race for him. He's not paying them big money not to beat him for nothing. Maybe its because he knows he won't race so well if he has to work as hard as his competition.

Lance has demonstrated enormous talent. But its hard not to question if his success in Le Tour would be as great if he followed the same racing regime as most other riders and did not have the protection of his team.

If I dislike LA's methods it doesn't mean I hate the person. But its typical of immature people to confuse the two.

Maybe if you can't see past the last 6 years of cycling you need to study a little history.
Nothing but a bunch of excuses for Ullrich and others for not beating LA. Let me get this straight - if Ullrich didn't have the crash, and if LA trained like everyone else, and if he told his teammates not to ride for him, and instead to ride for JU, then maybe the results would be different?! Brilliant logic!

In the end you call me immature and ask me to study cycling history. How gracious (AND very "mature"!) of you.

Since you despise Lance for racing only at the Tour, how about you name anyone else who manage to place on a podium at two of the three Grand Tours since 1998? The only one to do so was Beloki when he was 2nd at the Tour and 3rd at Vuelta! Seems like LA's competitors are doing the same thing as he does!

You have now demonstrated total lack of respect for another person's opinions and total lack of ability to argue your point. Your brain is clouded by LA hatred, I am sorry to tell you that it will get only worse today as it seems your aussie boys and your T-mobile boys are not doing so well.

By the way, I am not an american, I am european, and I am trying to be an objective observer here. But I do get a kick out of watching you Lance haters spinning the truth until your heads get dizzy. What I saw is a great per

mitosis said:
I'm not sure whether you noticed, but LA doesn't race except for Le Tour.

And even in that race he can afford to go all out on an ITT knowing that he will have the protection of a team while he recovers.

And I suppose JU's performance would not have been affected by his accident the day before.

And I don't suppose that its possible that LA would't have planned to go all out in a bid to gain psychological advantage over his more talented rival.

And I suppose he was feining being ****** off after stage 8 because he was left exposed by the riders he bought to race for him. He's not paying them big money not to beat him for nothing. Maybe its because he knows he won't race so well if he has to work as hard as his competition.

Lance has demonstrated enormous talent. But its hard not to question if his success in Le Tour would be as great if he followed the same racing regime as most other riders and did not have the protection of his team.

If I dislike LA's methods it doesn't mean I hate the person. But its typical of immature people to confuse the two.

Maybe if you can't see past the last 6 years of cycling you need to study a little history.
Nothing but a bunch of excuses for Ullrich and others for not beating LA. Let me get this straight - if Ullrich didn't have the crash, and if LA trained like everyone else, and if he told his teammates not to ride for him, and instead to ride for JU, then maybe the results would be different?! Brilliant logic!

In the end you call me immature and ask me to study cycling history. How gracious (AND very "mature"!) of you.

Since you despise Lance for racing only at the Tour, how about you name anyone else who manage to place on a podium at two of the three Grand Tours since 1998? The only one to do so was Beloki when he was 2nd at the Tour and 3rd at Vuelta! Seems like LA's competitors are doing the same thing as he does!

You have now demonstrated total lack of respect for another person's opinions and total lack of ability to argue your point. Your brain is clouded by LA hatred, I am sorry to tell you that it will get only worse today as it seems your aussie boys and your T-mobile boys are not doing so well.

By the way, I am not an american, I am european, and I am trying to be an objective observer here. But I do get a kick out of watching you Lance haters spinning the truth until your heads get dizzy. What I saw is a great per

I find the polarisation of views here distressing. This is not what the sport of cycling is about. Some people on this forum should learn some manners and have a bit more respect for every rider out there in the tour. How many seconds would you have lost on todays stage?

Pride cometh before a fall guys.

temp3st said:
I find the polarisation of views here distressing. This is not what the sport of cycling is about. Some people on this forum should learn some manners and have a bit more respect for every rider out there in the tour. How many seconds would you have lost on todays stage?
My losses would be measured in hours, not seconds.

Days, maybe, even.

i'm fairly sure they don't make a cassette w/the ratio required to haul my fat ass up the mountain w/o going into cardiac arrest. :p

temp3st said:

Pride cometh before a fall guys.

Lighten the mood : I cycled that same stage that the TDF covered today back in 1995.
10 years ago.

How long did it take me to cycle 200kms ?
Ahem. Ahem.
9hrs 20odd minutes.
Granted, I had ceased competitive cycling in 1990 and had done nothing on bike until we took that trip in 1995.
I'd gained 4 stone over my competitive cycling weight too but even still, Valverde's time is 4hours + faster than me.

limerickman said:
Lighten the mood : I cycled that same stage that the TDF covered today back in 1995.
10 years ago.

How long did it take me to cycle 200kms ?
Ahem. Ahem.
9hrs 20odd minutes.
Granted, I had ceased competitive cycling in 1990 and had done nothing on bike until we took that trip in 1995.
I'd gained 4 stone over my competitive cycling weight too but even still, Valverde's time is 4hours + faster than me.
I have never been lucky enough to have ridden that stage , but I am sure I could get over the tops in less then a day or two. I probably could do it in under a day if I had trained for that particular stage. If I was to ride that stage, my team probably would have abandoned me days before , and left me isolated with the hitch-hikers and the backpackers. And I hate that !!!!

cheapie said:
what's a stone?

1 stone = 14 lbs (pounds in a stone).
2.2 lbs = 1 kg.

I was approximately 25kgs over my competitve cycling weight when I did that route back in 1995.
(today, 10 years later and having been back on the bike actively for the last few years, I am only about 10kgs over my competitive weight of 1990).

cheapie said:
what's a stone?
It's the male gland that is in the crotch area. Normal humans have two of them. Due to cancer Armstrong has only one. Apparently Ullrich has none.

babylou said:
It's the male gland that is in the crotch area. Normal humans have two of them. Due to cancer Armstrong has only one. Apparently Ullrich has none.
That is funny. Thanks for the laugh. :D

babylou said:

LOL you just called a man who would kick your **** in any form of the sport "Nutless" what does that make you?

I continue to believe that TM will be mismanaged post-Godefroot's departure. Kummer is not a good strategist, and I don't know how effective Olaf Ludwig will be when he is added into the mix.

Part of failings of the TM strategy are the failings of the TM strategists. ;)

Well, Godefroot is his usual helpful self to his team (before today):

""The ways of trapping Armstrong are rare, even inexistent," agrees T-Mobile team-manager Walter Godefroot, who admitted during the Alps that his [TM] team "was just not any good." "His team-mates and him ride perfectly," continues Godefroot, "but we're there to try, so that, at least, we have no regrets at the end."

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e7203/sport_lng0_spo18_evt7203_sto742544.shtml