t-shirt slogan

spamandy

New Member
Aug 8, 2003
T-Shirt spotted in Sydney by a friend of mine:

"No Iraqis died to power this bike"

...or similar. Anyone seen these or know where to find one?

Originally posted by spamandy
T-Shirt spotted in Sydney by a friend of mine:

"No Iraqis died to power this bike"

...or similar. Anyone seen these or know where to find one?

noice!

coud make one up yourself perhaps, if the people responsible are cool with that. now just finding the people responsible...

"wassupdawg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> spamandy wrote:
> > T-Shirt spotted in Sydney by a friend of mine: "No
> > Iraqis died to power this bike" ...or similar. Anyone
> > seen these or know where to find one?
>
> noice!
>
> coud make one up yourself perhaps, if the people
> responsible are cool with that. now just finding the
> people responsible...

Modern bubblejet, some messing around in Photoshop or
similar, a $20 pack of T-Shirt transfer paper and a shirt to
print to... some ironing.. done.

hippy "don't forget to print the image reversed!" :)

Originally posted by Hippy
Modern bubblejet, some messing around in Photoshop or
similar, a $20 pack of T-Shirt transfer paper and a shirt to
print to... some ironing.. done.

hippy "don't forget to print the image reversed!" :)

The print setting on most bubblejet printers will enable you to do that, the paper is available from Officeworks. A tip, text/words work better than images.

Now where did I put it, ah, there it is. "HP Iron-On T-Shirt Transfers. Cool-peel inkjet transfers for t-shirts, caps, bags and more" Can get the paper for both light and dark coloured fabrics. From experience it tends to be a bit fiddly and be careful on stretchie fabrics. About 16 quid a packet for 10 A4 sheets (from memory)

BTW, Stu, you back in Melbourne? :cool:

Originally posted by cfsmtb
The print setting on most bubblejet printers will enable you to do that, the paper is available from Officeworks. A tip, text/words work better than images.

Now where did I put it, ah, there it is. "HP Iron-On T-Shirt Transfers. Cool-peel inkjet transfers for t-shirts, caps, bags and more" Can get the paper for both light and dark coloured fabrics. From experience it tends to be a bit fiddly and be careful on stretchie fabrics. About 16 quid a packet for 10 A4 sheets (from memory)

BTW, Stu, you back in Melbourne? :cool:

How fiddly/detailed can you get with these?

ie how small could type remain legible?

and would fiddling with curves/levels in photoshop help in photoshop? (as im betting they work better from a cmyk file than youre standard RGB to cmyk conversino when printing...)

Originally posted by flyingdutch
How fiddly/detailed can you get with these?

ie how small could type remain legible?

and would fiddling with curves/levels in photoshop help in photoshop? (as im betting they work better from a cmyk file than youre standard RGB to cmyk conversino when printing...)

Ah, best to keep it simple as possible. Wouldn't do anything details or too small/large, as you will have problems with the edges and ironing times etc.

I re-printed a bright yellow Ferrari tshirt from Dimmies with "don't make a bike that i like" under the logo. Looks good, just to watch the plastic film on stretch fabrics. Also tried ironing a larger colour image of Beryl Burton on a ringer tee. Over did up the ironing time. So the moral of this, is either to have plenty of time & experiment, or get what you want professionally printed.

spamandy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> T-Shirt spotted in Sydney by a friend of mine:
>
> "No Iraqis died to power this bike"
>
> ...or similar. Anyone seen these or know where to
> find one?
>

> --

How about

"Aussies, Kiwis, English, French, Germans, Italians,
Russians, Japanese, Americans, Jews and many others _did_
die to power this bike"

Maybe not... if it doesn't fit on a Tshirt it isn't
worth saying.

Ritch

> T-Shirt spotted in Sydney by a friend of mine:
> "No Iraqis died to power this bike"

One I saw in London that I will be copying soon:

"I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running try to keep up"

(Yes, yes, bad taste.. whatever..)

hippy

"spamandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> T-Shirt spotted in Sydney by a friend of mine:
>
> "No Iraqis died to power this bike"
>
> ..or similar. Anyone seen these or know where to find one?

Easy, it will be on a person who doesn't know how to do
basic maths...

The classic T shirt slogans:

After Gulf War 1 (still relavent)

Big arabic lettering with the following sub titles underneath:
"I am not an American"

After the LA Police Beating Rodney King incident:

"LAPD - We will treat you like a King"

Originally posted by bdazzler2
The classic T shirt slogans:

After Gulf War 1 (still relavent)

Big arabic lettering with the following sub titles underneath:
"I am not an American"

That's been around in various forms since the mid 80's. Still own a ancient Celibate Rifles t-shirt with a similar theme. Tee hee, old punks never die, just wear bicycle attire & SPD's these days instead of studded biker jackets and Doc's....:D

"bdazzler2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The classic T shirt slogans:
>
> After Gulf War 1 (still relavent)
>
> Big arabic lettering with the following sub titles
> underneath: "I am not an American"

It won't help.

Ask the Bali bombers - .

"The Sari club was a place of adultery," said Ali Imron, the
bomb-maker, in an interview with The Sunday Times. "In
short, it was a place of sin so it deserved to be
demolished."

The club was chosen because the bombers thought it would be
full of Americans, they said. In the event, seven Americans
died while 89 victims were Australian. "Australians,
Americans, whatever - they are all white people," Ali said.

---------------------

Or the Islamic Army of Aden -

If you were to pick only one Western nation not to blow up
the oil tankers of, the French would be it.

But they got blown up anyway (French oil tanker Limburg off
the coast of Yemen) And afterwards a spokesman for the
Islamic Army of Aden said, 'We would have preferred to hit a
US frigate, but no problem because they are all infidels.'

-----------------

Or Hussein Massawi, former leader of Hezbollah, neatly put
it, 'We are not fighting so that you will offer us
something. We are fighting to eliminate you.'

--------------------

Yep, I'd sure be relying on that T-Shirt to save me,

So. What would we have to do to get rid of the threat of
terrorism from al-Qa'ida? Pulling out of Iraq would not
begin to be enough.

Here are some of the demands spelled out by Osama bin Laden
and the head of Jemaah Islamiah, Abu Bakar Bashir:

Pull out of the UN;

Pull out of the US alliance;

Return East Timor to Islamic rule;

Support the return of the extreme form of Islamic rule to
the following: Afghanistan, Southern Spain, southern
Philippines, southern Thailand, Malaysia, significant parts
of China, many of the republics created from the former
Soviet Union and, of course, all of North Africa and the
Middle East;

Drive the Jews of Israel into the sea;

Ban alcohol;

Prevent women working or being educated, or appearing in
public without full covering dress;

Require women to obey men.

Pull out of the UN, fair enough, it's corrupt from top to
bottom anyway and I can certainly see the sense in requiring
women to obey men :) but the rest is simply not an option
and all the slogans in the world won't change that.

You mean the 'retraction' method doesnt work:eek:

and anyway , i bet dem stoopid terrorists are just mad cos they cant get hold of Ti Bikes!!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by L'Acrobat
"bdazzler2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The classic T shirt slogans:
>
> After Gulf War 1 (still relavent)
>
> Big arabic lettering with the following sub titles
> underneath: "I am not an American"

It won't help.

Ask the Bali bombers - .

"The Sari club was a place of adultery," said Ali Imron, the
bomb-maker, in an interview with The Sunday Times. "In
short, it was a place of sin so it deserved to be
demolished."

The club was chosen because the bombers thought it would be
full of Americans, they said. In the event, seven Americans
died while 89 victims were Australian. "Australians,
Americans, whatever - they are all white people," Ali said.

---------------------

Or the Islamic Army of Aden -

If you were to pick only one Western nation not to blow up
the oil tankers of, the French would be it.

But they got blown up anyway (French oil tanker Limburg off
the coast of Yemen) And afterwards a spokesman for the
Islamic Army of Aden said, 'We would have preferred to hit a
US frigate, but no problem because they are all infidels.'

-----------------

Or Hussein Massawi, former leader of Hezbollah, neatly put
it, 'We are not fighting so that you will offer us
something. We are fighting to eliminate you.'

--------------------

Yep, I'd sure be relying on that T-Shirt to save me,

So. What would we have to do to get rid of the threat of
terrorism from al-Qa'ida? Pulling out of Iraq would not
begin to be enough.

Here are some of the demands spelled out by Osama bin Laden
and the head of Jemaah Islamiah, Abu Bakar Bashir:

Pull out of the UN;

Pull out of the US alliance;

Return East Timor to Islamic rule;

Support the return of the extreme form of Islamic rule to
the following: Afghanistan, Southern Spain, southern
Philippines, southern Thailand, Malaysia, significant parts
of China, many of the republics created from the former
Soviet Union and, of course, all of North Africa and the
Middle East;

Drive the Jews of Israel into the sea;

Ban alcohol;

Prevent women working or being educated, or appearing in
public without full covering dress;

Require women to obey men.

Pull out of the UN, fair enough, it's corrupt from top to
bottom anyway and I can certainly see the sense in requiring
women to obey men :) but the rest is simply not an option
and all the slogans in the world won't change that.

Your right this damn T shirt will offer no protection at all - Im taking it back for a refund right now - thanks for the heads up.

Better tell the Oz army to return theirs straight away too and return to flak jackets and helmets...

"bdazzler2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Your right this damn T shirt will offer no protection at
> all - Im taking it back for a refund right now - thanks
> for the heads up.
>
> Better tell the Oz army to return theirs straight away too
> and return to flak jackets and helmets...

The point is a simple one, it doesn't matter to them that
you support them.

They still want you dead.