Table of Condiments

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ray, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. Ray

    Ray Guest

    Tags:

  2. Donna Rose

    Donna Rose Guest

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Don't know if this has been posted here before, but it's
    > pretty funny:
    >

    > http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/www/Info/condiments.html

    I know you said you thought it was funny - I will admit that
    the design and concept is clever - but is this supposed to
    actually be a serious document?

    I've noticed several glaring errors. For example, it lists
    a shelf life for honey of only eight months and for fish
    sauce of only five months. I know for sure that honey
    never goes bad; since fish sauce is already rotten when
    you open the bottle, I can't imagine that it could get
    much worse on storage.

    On the other hand, it says pepper is good for 4 years. If
    that means pre-ground pepper, that's almost stale before you
    open the jar. I'm not sure it would have any potency left at
    all after four years.
    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
    hopes they are.

  3. Donna Rose

    Donna Rose Guest

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Don't know if this has been posted here before, but it's
    > pretty funny:
    >

    > http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/www/Info/condiments.html

    I know you said you thought it was funny - I will admit that
    the design and concept is clever - but is this supposed to
    actually be a serious document?

    I've noticed several glaring errors. For example, it lists
    a shelf life for honey of only eight months and for fish
    sauce of only five months. I know for sure that honey
    never goes bad; since fish sauce is already rotten when
    you open the bottle, I can't imagine that it could get
    much worse on storage.

    On the other hand, it says pepper is good for 4 years. If
    that means pre-ground pepper, that's almost stale before you
    open the jar. I'm not sure it would have any potency left at
    all after four years.
    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
    hopes they are.

  4. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:06:53 GMT, Donna Rose
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article
    > <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > Don't know if this has been posted here before, but
    > > it's pretty funny:
    > >

    > > http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/www/Info/condiments.html
    > >
    > I know you said you thought it was funny - I will admit
    > that the design and concept is clever - but is this
    > supposed to actually be a serious document?

    I'm don't think anyone who laughed took it seriously.

  5. Sf

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article
    > <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > Don't know if this has been posted here before, but
    > > it's pretty funny:
    > >

    > > http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/www/Info/condiments.html
    > >
    > I know you said you thought it was funny - I will admit
    > that the design and concept is clever - but is this
    > supposed to actually be a serious document?

    I'm don't think anyone who laughed took it seriously.

  6. Katra

    Katra Guest

  7. Katra

    Katra Guest