Table of STi/Ergo lever and rear derailleur combinations?

Anon Poster

Guest
I remember a while back (about a year ago) I came across a web site that had
a table listing the amount of movement at the rear derailleur for various
combinations of shift levers and derailleurs.

For example, I seem to remember that a Campag 9spd shifter (Mirage) in
combination with a pre 199x Campag rear derailleur would result in 4.XX mm
movement per click at the rear derailleur, which was almost exactly the
spacing between the cogs on a Shimano 9spd cassette. I can't remember the
'x' and 'X' values.

Does anyone have the URL of that website (or for a website that has this
table)? If so, can you post it in reply to this message, please?

Thanks.

Anon Poster wrote:
> I remember a while back (about a year ago) I came across a web site that had
> a table listing the amount of movement at the rear derailleur for various
> combinations of shift levers and derailleurs.
>
> For example, I seem to remember that a Campag 9spd shifter (Mirage) in
> combination with a pre 199x Campag rear derailleur would result in 4.XX mm
> movement per click at the rear derailleur, which was almost exactly the
> spacing between the cogs on a Shimano 9spd cassette. I can't remember the
> 'x' and 'X' values.
>
> Does anyone have the URL of that website (or for a website that has this
> table)? If so, can you post it in reply to this message, please?

Maybe this is what you're thinking about:

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3946

Anon Poster wrote:
> I remember a while back (about a year ago) I came across a web site that had
> a table listing the amount of movement at the rear derailleur for various
> combinations of shift levers and derailleurs.
>
> For example, I seem to remember that a Campag 9spd shifter (Mirage) in
> combination with a pre 199x Campag rear derailleur would result in 4.XX mm
> movement per click at the rear derailleur, which was almost exactly the
> spacing between the cogs on a Shimano 9spd cassette. I can't remember the
> 'x' and 'X' values.
>
> Does anyone have the URL of that website (or for a website that has this
> table)? If so, can you post it in reply to this message, please?
>
> Thanks.

No need for a chart or anything-easy-Campag shifter, Campag rear der,
any one of them. The differences are too small to mean anything. We use
2006 RD as replacement RDs for all Campag systems, even 1992-3 ERGO 8s,
no modification needed.

10s ERGO will shift shimano 9s or 10s...

Same for shimano. STI-any shimao RD....DA 8s, last made in 1996, is tro
rare to worry about.