Tacx cadence question

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Barney, May 11, 2003.

  1. Barney

    Barney Guest

    Hi,

    I have just un-packed my Tacx Excel 1601 trainer which I packed away for storage sometime ago.

    Putting it back together & looking at the book, it shows a magnet which fixes to the crank & a
    Cadence measuring sensor on the stay.

    I cannot find the magnet and wonder if my model works with just the stay sensor . i.e. never had it
    in the first place and just forgot.

    Anyone know if this model is meant to work without a magnet?

    Cheers,

    Barney.

    Tags:

  2. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Barney" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just un-packed my Tacx Excel 1601 trainer which I packed away for storage sometime ago.
    >
    > Putting it back together & looking at the book, it shows a magnet which fixes to the crank & a
    > Cadence measuring sensor on the stay.
    >
    > I cannot find the magnet and wonder if my model works with just the stay sensor . i.e. never had
    > it in the first place and just forgot.
    >
    > Anyone know if this model is meant to work without a magnet?

    Maybe, maybe not. Nick one of the kid's fridge magnets and try that.