Tacx cadence question

Barney

Guest
Hi,

I have just un-packed my Tacx Excel 1601 trainer which I packed away for storage sometime ago.

Putting it back together & looking at the book, it shows a magnet which fixes to the crank & a
Cadence measuring sensor on the stay.

I cannot find the magnet and wonder if my model works with just the stay sensor . i.e. never had it
in the first place and just forgot.

Anyone know if this model is meant to work without a magnet?

Cheers,

Barney.

"Barney" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I have just un-packed my Tacx Excel 1601 trainer which I packed away for storage sometime ago.
>
> Putting it back together & looking at the book, it shows a magnet which fixes to the crank & a
> Cadence measuring sensor on the stay.
>
> I cannot find the magnet and wonder if my model works with just the stay sensor . i.e. never had
> it in the first place and just forgot.
>
> Anyone know if this model is meant to work without a magnet?

Maybe, maybe not. Nick one of the kid's fridge magnets and try that.