Tacx I-magic owners beware!

mrowkoob

Dec 23, 2003
Hi fellow I-magic owners.

I would like to warn you about purchasing tacx latest software the Fortius virtual reality worlds. I´m, sure some of you have read about it even looked forward to buying it. (You can buy it directly from tacx using paypal)

So here is a warning. I just bought the product and it´s a sub quality beta-version that should never have been put on sale until more testing have been done. I paid 76 USD for a nonfunctioning BETA software product! I have complained by email to Tacx and in their forum at their homepage not that it did any good. They apparantly just think I´m rude for complaining about their non functioning product and try to tell me that my new Pentium4 with 128 mb graphics and XP (although I might blame Bill Gates :rolleyes: ) is the problem although it meets their minimum hardware requirements by far.

The reason why I´m posting here is that if you write something remotely critical on Tacx homepage Forum they just remove it and any problem with the software goes unanswered by their customer service.

There are no updates or bug fixes availiable from tacx at the moment.

Just so you don´t think I´m totally flaming tacx I would like to add that I´m a very happy I-magic owner who is very content with his trainer and old software even including the fantastic new Real Life Video format which I can only encourage you all to try.

BUT stay away from their new software until they have fixed the almost stunning amount of bugs (I mean UNREAL amount! I mean so many bugs that if Windows had that many, Bill Gates would still have his small company in a a garage) I´m sure the end product will be something you would like to own but this release is substandard and only a source of deep frustration and who want to pay good money for that? Especially since tacx are making no moves in the way of trying to improve the product in the way of publishing fixes or providing expedient software help, customer service is nil.

So.... now you know. Wait for it :eek:

Hi,

just let you know, I did order last week got this week and it work flawlesly (except steering is too sensitive, tweak it in the registry, working great now). The only problem is it's not recognize the i-magic hardware (driver prob) get rid of it by reinstall windows.

Glab I buy it, really worth it. :) :) :)

I have a i-magic with the fortius upgrade, anyone know how to solve a "fotrius.exe common language debugging service'' problem?

Thanks, I get no responce from tacx.

I continue to get the error "could not initialise interface":mad: . I've followed the troubleshooting instructions to sort this out, but still no joy. Anybody experienced similar problems, and what was the solution.

Jimmyswaggart said:
I continue to get the error "could not initialise interface":mad: . I've followed the troubleshooting instructions to sort this out, but still no joy. Anybody experienced similar problems, and what was the solution.

Apparantly it´s part of the tacx experience. I get it almost everytime I use it. Have to go through some driver reinstalls to get it to work every time. Very annoying. I´ve had a period of about two months where I could not get it to work at all. Very frustrating when you think you have bought a daily training tool. When it works I love it!

Talk about a nightmare experiance!

I bought the i-magic upgrade c/w the new Fortius software plus the steering frame a couple of weeks ago to attach it to my Tacx Flow, it has to be one of the worst things that I have ever bought!!

Firstly it took long to get it all to work in the first place, (USB problems...ha,) and only after I had called in a IT guy to fix it. :mad:

I had my very first maiden ride on it Tuesday night, I have to say that while it was working it was great. But I came to do another training session on Friday and guess what, it would not work?

Problem with the driver and Windows inability to understand it. I then spent from 16:00 hrs til 21:00 trying to solve it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tacx customer help is nothing short of **** and so is any form of back up in your hour of need. Everyone has a differant train of thought as to how to fix it, and then they assume that everyone can understand PC speak.

All I want to do is train to get fit with the less amount of hassle possible. I would have got fitter if I had set fire to my money and tried to catch the ashes in the wind......................:rolleyes:

So I am some £400 lighter and I still cannot get the feckin' thing to work.....piece of ****!

Alan

BTBR said:
Talk about a nightmare experiance!

I bought the i-magic upgrade c/w the new Fortius software plus the steering frame a couple of weeks ago to attach it to my Tacx Flow, it has to be one of the worst things that I have ever bought!!

Firstly it took long to get it all to work in the first place, (USB problems...ha,) and only after I had called in a IT guy to fix it. :mad:

I had my very first maiden ride on it Tuesday night, I have to say that while it was working it was great. But I came to do another training session on Friday and guess what, it would not work?

Problem with the driver and Windows inability to understand it. I then spent from 16:00 hrs til 21:00 trying to solve it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tacx customer help is nothing short of **** and so is any form of back up in your hour of need. Everyone has a differant train of thought as to how to fix it, and then they assume that everyone can understand PC speak.

All I want to do is train to get fit with the less amount of hassle possible. I would have got fitter if I had set fire to my money and tried to catch the ashes in the wind......................:rolleyes:

So I am some £400 lighter and I still cannot get the feckin' thing to work.....piece of ****!

Alan

Good evening,

You seem to have a similar problem to mine, could you solve yours, how? Please read my problem and if anyone can give me a help!

I really would like not to feel as someone who bought something expensive and up to now useless...

I' ve recently bought the Tacx Fortius, could after a while mount it correctly, however my stress started on installing it on my Windows Vista!

I could not yet make it work, fore it keeps sending the message related to INF section invalid, to sum up, it does not work!

I've followed all possible intructions steps, re-installed the software twice and also done a few suggestion on the Tacx Forum.

Can anyone help me, please! I've sent Tacx a message, but no repply given...

Is it the Windows Vista? and the 64 bits version? or has the driver nothing to do with it?

Bellow follows the error message code:

VR-Interface, a service instalation INF is invalid

Description
Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your Unknown Device
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
Architecture: x64
Win32 error: E0000217
Inf name: vr_interface.inf
Driver Package hash: b2cb83d1e867e1333c177a8f8681ff3da9202004
DDInstall section name: Install
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1046
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 332521305

Thank you!