Tacx Jockey Wheels

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
A short while ago (mebbe 2-300 (mainly) road miles), I fitted a set of these 'ere Tacx 'sealed'
bearing jockey wheels. Well, they worked great at first, but now, I've noticed the bearing have
become sloppy. the things will now wobble thusly: \ to /, somewhat. This equates to quite a bit of
wear. I'm sure they should have done this so quickly, and I fear they may not last as long as I'd
hoped before becoming useless.

Anyone else found them to be 'shite' for longevity?

Cheers!

Shaun aRe

> A short while ago (mebbe 2-300 (mainly) road miles), I fitted a set of these 'ere Tacx 'sealed'
> bearing jockey wheels. Well, they worked great at first, but now, I've noticed the bearing have
> become sloppy. the things will now wobble thusly: \ to /, somewhat. This equates to quite a bit of
> wear. I'm sure they should have done this so quickly, and I fear they may not last as long as I'd
> hoped before becoming useless.
>
> Anyone else found them to be 'shite' for longevity?
>

> Cheers!
>
> Shaun aRe

Ya they seem great at first but the bearings go in no time, they use a standard size you can replace
easily but I'd stick with the original pulleys. Can't get them for SRAM derailleur anyway.

--
_________________________

| A short while ago (mebbe 2-300 (mainly) road miles), I fitted a set of
these
| 'ere Tacx 'sealed' bearing jockey wheels. Well, they worked great at
first,
| but now, I've noticed the bearing have become sloppy. the things will now wobble thusly: \ to /,
| somewhat. This equates to quite a bit of wear. I'm sure they should have done this so quickly, and
| I fear they may not last
as
| long as I'd hoped before becoming useless.
|
| Anyone else found them to be 'shite' for longevity?

I'm going to have to give that couple with the recumbent tandem a call. They handed me a set of
those and had me put them on the XT derailleur a couple months before the store closed.

I've used Control Tech, Carmichael and one titec sealed bearing, CNC alloy pulleys on my rides with
no problem. They just go on and on.

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/8/2003

Chris Phillipo <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > A short while ago (mebbe 2-300 (mainly) road miles), I fitted a set of
these
> > 'ere Tacx 'sealed' bearing jockey wheels. Well, they worked great at
first,
> > but now, I've noticed the bearing have become sloppy. the things will
now
> > wobble thusly: \ to /, somewhat. This equates to quite a bit of wear.
I'm
> > sure they should have done this so quickly, and I fear they may not last
as
> > long as I'd hoped before becoming useless.
> >
> > Anyone else found them to be 'shite' for longevity?
> >

> > Cheers!
> >
> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Ya they seem great at first but the bearings go in no time,

Ya don't say! '.;~}~

> they use a standard size you can replace easily

OK, so the local bearing house will likely have them, yes?

> but I'd stick with the original pulleys.

Shimano ones?!? The bushed ones I find wear at an atrocious rate. The Shimano sealed ones seem to
have good life (mate gave me his old one - teeth were fairly worn, but the bearing were OK and
lasted me about 300 + O/R miles, thing is, I resent the price a little, and also, when I've tried to
buy them here, everyone tells me they can't get hold of them unless they order them in months
before....

Cheers.

Shaun aRe

Nelson Binch <[email protected]> wrote in message

> | A short while ago (mebbe 2-300 (mainly) road miles), I fitted a set of
> these
> | 'ere Tacx 'sealed' bearing jockey wheels. Well, they worked great at
> first,
> | but now, I've noticed the bearing have become sloppy. the things will
now
> | wobble thusly: \ to /, somewhat. This equates to quite a bit of wear.
I'm
> | sure they should have done this so quickly, and I fear they may not last
> as
> | long as I'd hoped before becoming useless.
> |
> | Anyone else found them to be 'shite' for longevity?
>
> I'm going to have to give that couple with the recumbent tandem a call. They handed me a set of
> those and had me put them on the XT derailleur a couple months before the store closed.

Yup - may be worth checking on them.

> I've used Control Tech, Carmichael and one titec sealed bearing, CNC alloy pulleys on my rides
> with no problem. They just go on and on.

Variety is limited around here somewhat. Might try and find replacement bearing units and fit them.
The plastic seems to wear well, and still looks like new, so it might be worth bunging some better
quality sealed units in there (I like to play/experiment anyhow).

These ones haven't gone beyond their usefulness yet, so I have some time.

Cheers Nelz.

Shaun aRe