Tacx Repairstand

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Derk Drukker, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. Derk Drukker

    Derk Drukker Guest

    Hi!

    Does anyone know if the Tacx T3075 is worth buying and good enough for serious repair work?

    TIA! Derk

    Tags:

  2. Velocat

    Velocat Guest

    Derk Drukker wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Does anyone know if the Tacx T3075 is worth buying and good enough for serious repair work?
    >
    > TIA! Derk

    I've used one for a couple of years now and am quite pleased with it. I like it because you don't
    have to clamp the tubes. I own two bikes and do all my own work.

  3. I'll second that I have a modification which makes it even better - a shaped piece of rubber which
    fits the BB, around the cable guide, perfectly. Next time I see a set of QR's that clear layer lips
    without unscrewing they'll help too.

    I like it and for long trips it folds down neatly too.

    "VeloCat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... Derk
    Drukker wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Does anyone know if the Tacx T3075 is worth buying and good enough for serious repair work?
    >
    > TIA! Derk

    I've used one for a couple of years now and am quite pleased with it. I like it because you don't
    have to clamp the tubes. I own two bikes and do all my own work.

  4. Derk Drukker

    Derk Drukker Guest

    Thank you both very much for your answers!

    I ordered one today....

    Greets, Derk

  5. Derk Drukker

    Derk Drukker Guest

    Hi Nicholas & Domino!

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:19:48 +0100, Nicholas & Domino wrote:

    > I have a modification which makes it even better - a shaped piece of rubber which fits the BB,
    > around the cable guide, perfectly.
    I understand what you mean now: I put it together yesterday and changed cranks, shifters and you
    name it today on my bike (from Ultegra to Dura Ace). It is indeed a very handy device, but it would
    help to put a piece of rubber in stead of th eplastic bracket holder, so your bike won't slide off.
    Do you happen to have a picture of that piece of rubber? How did you fasten it?

    > Next time I see a set of QR's that clear layer lips without unscrewing they'll help too.
    What kind of QR's do you have then? That horrible type they use in the US too?

    > I like it and for long trips it folds down neatly too.
    I have to convince my wife we need to bring it. I already take w my bike, my cycling clothes, pump
    etc on vacation.......

    Greets, Derk

  6. Peter Harman

    Peter Harman Guest

    It took me a week to wear out the Tacx T3000 model, a small hard pin cuts into the softer
    surrounding metal creating a ramp. I have not had a good look at the T3075 model but durability
    could be an issue.