Tailwind Sports Who?

Apparently Armstrong was just a regular employee with no more power than Fuyu Li. :rolleyes:

This is what is known as throwing the rest of the team, especially Bruyneel, under the bus. In essence Armstrong is saying that it was all Bruyneel and Chef Duffy; he had nothing to do with anything.

tut, tut, bro. you do realise that those italian fellows the fbi kept getting hauled into court were just honest business men and labour leaders who had no financial stake or administrative input in those other organisations the government accused them of running. i'm certainly with lance on that point. i mean it only took him two months to remember that he had no interest in tailwind since the accusations were made.

It's always the same, when they get busted.

The finger pointing begins.
"It wasn't me honest......................"

it sure was easier for lance when he could keep the press corps in line with the black list. for those who are curious how such a brilliant road general could be such an utter fnck-up with cycing paperwork (t.u.e.), dopage test rules (the d.c.o. held at bay while lance showers), & when and how much he paid for the dope testing machine, you can add this to the list of marvels. more and more often, lance seems to be losing the spin control.

Opinion: Is Armstrong

"So if Armstrong really was granted Tailwind stock in December of 2007, just as the company’s most profitable era was at a close and its days as a corporate entity altogether were numbered, then on an investment level that’s about like taking a long stake in BP on April 21. That would be an uncharacteristic lapse for Armstrong, who once bragged of his own financial savvy that he gave [Bill] Stapleton investment advice."

it seems he's more interested in separating his involvement with tailwind (jail time?) than with the issue of organised doping within the postal team. curiouser and curiouser.

oh, and lemond was subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury.

Report: Cyclist LeMond subpoenaed - Tour de France- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Some interesting extracts from the Schmidt piece

"Armstrong did gain an interest in Tailwind sometime in 2004, after the Tour, according to testimony in a lawsuit that Armstrong and Tailwind brought against SCA Promotions, an insurance company that was seeking to withhold a bonus from Armstrong because of doping allegations"

So how can he now claim that he had no hand/act/part in Tailwind?
If in a court of law regarding the insurance company SCA, he told them he was a shareholder why is claiming differently now?
Was there lies told in the insurance case?
If SCA are still in business no doubt they would be interested.

And what about this :

"Although Weisel founded the team, Stapleton’s company, Capital Sports & Entertainment, managed it from the “winter, spring ’03, ’04,” according to Stapleton’s testimony in the SCA insurance case. That company also received an 11 ½ percent interest in Tailwind, Stapleton testified.

Armstrong said neither he nor Stapleton’s company gained equity in the team until 2007. His personal lawyer, Tim Herman, said in a statement Wednesday that Armstrong received his first shares of common stock of Tailwind in December 2007"

As I said when these doping rings are busted, the participants run ofr covering while accusing each other of wrong doing.

most assuredly, lim. the more armstrong speaks, the more likely he is to trip up on something he said years ago. i spat the coffee a while back when armstrong couldn't recall his contribution to uci. man, to be so rich that $25 thousand can get donated and forgotten about.

k. lemond is overjoyed that a federal court will hear testimony and not trek's lawyers brokering a deal. betsy andreu has to be on novitzky's list. the women seem angrier than their husbands.

and then, almost as amusing is reading the email exchange between landis and verbruggen or how mcquaid trumpets the cleanliness of this year's giro because blood values showed a general decline over time, but no journalist bothers to ask him to explain armstrong's published values from last year in that light. the rats are beginning to bare their teeth. and the pevenage interview still hasn't hit the press. much more to keep things interesting. i wonder what might have been had the press done a better job than just publishing puff interviews.

i grant that what appears in this article really doesn't break any new ground. all it really says to me is that lemond is emboldened a bit more here than he was a few weeks ago.

this has my interest piqued: "LeMond told the Journal Du Dimanche that he believes LeMond and that Landis's friends have been threatened by Armstrong." either lemond is hinting at d. walsh's assertion that lance is up to his old tricks, again, like when he allegedly phoned a good many people listed as witnesses in the sca affair to find out what they'd say (quasi- witness tampering) or lance has taken it to a new level with threats.

LeMond says drug probe will ruin Armstrong - Tour de France- nbcsports.msnbc.com

slovakguy said:
i spat the coffee a while back when armstrong couldn't recall his contribution to uci. man, to be so rich that $25 thousand can get donated and forgotten about.

overall i'm seriously beginning to have my doubts with Lance's character but if i'm not mistaken it was $100,000 to uci, not just $25,000.

roadhouse said:
overall i'm seriously beginning to have my doubts with Lance's character but if i'm not mistaken it was $100,000 to uci, not just $25,000.

you've actually hit upon the thing itself. his contribution/s has/have changed, changed back, gone to a different figure, and then snapped back to the original. i believe that i've read he has made a personal $25k donation, $100k that came from the foundation (?), and another $25k that was made in his name which he could not really recall. which is why i really wonder about the guy's financial abilities. not to mention that the dates for these contributions keeps changing or that the uci had to come down and dun him for the $100k. the press need to do a better job at isolating and identifying which contribution is being discussed.