Take a bike on Virgin Blue

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by The Doctor, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. The Doctor

    The Doctor Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Had anyone been on Virgin Blue with a bike? What was it like? Was it a lot hassale?

    Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Al User

    Al User Guest

    No problems at all, bike survived without damage...

    Bike was bubble wrapped & taped with handlebars turned sideways, tyres deflated and PD pedals
    removed. It and the panniers were accepted as part of the normal baggage allowance.

    I noticed that it came off the plane alongside an old ladies bike that was not wrapped and had only
    had the handlebars turned, so it appears that the packaging requirements are minimal.

    Al.