Take note treadmill owners

Scott Williams

Guest
From the Lexington Herald-Leader:

"One of the secrets (why) I've been running so well the past couple of years is that I bought a
True treadmill," [Jimmy] Hearld said. "Actually, I consider the True treadmill my training
partner ... I can set that thing at a five-minute pace and do my tempo run, and it keeps me
honest ... It's amazing. It really does help you," he said. "I just didn't want some of the peers
that I race against to know. But now that I'm basically at the end of my rope, I don't mind
saying it." Soon after buying his treadmill two years ago, Hearld went to Texas and ripped off a
half-marathon in 1:02:30.

Scott

A 5 minute/mile pace on a treadmill? Wow!! The heavy duty ones at the local YMCA max out at 6
min/mile. Checked out the brand name at treadmilldoctor.com, the lowest priced true treadmill is
around 2k - great if you got the money....

...In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

"Keith Harrison" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> A 5 minute/mile pace on a treadmill? Wow!! The heavy duty ones at the local YMCA max out at 6
> min/mile. Checked out the brand name at treadmilldoctor.com, the lowest priced true treadmill is
> around 2k - great if you got the money....

I imagine the ? marathon itself was not done on the 'mill.

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

In article <[email protected]>, Keith Harrison wrote:
> A 5 minute/mile pace on a treadmill? Wow!! The heavy duty ones at the local YMCA max out at 6
> min/mile. Checked out the brand name at treadmilldoctor.com, the lowest priced true treadmill is
> around 2k - great if you got the money....

Some gyms have models that go up to 12.0mph (5min/mile). I haven't heard of a treadmill that can go
faster than this, though I doubt there's much need for such a thing (most people could use a little
incline if they needed to go faster than 12mph)

Cheers,