Take that! You smelly Fifi la Phew!

It appears the customer was marinated as well as the roast!

Pixmaker inFLL
==========================
It's not the heat, it's the humidity!
==========================
(Think the humidity's bad?
You should watch us vote!)
==========================

In article <[email protected]>,
"Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> When I lived in Marin County and drove into SF, before the Larkspur Ferry
> >> went into operation, one week I decided to take a bus into town that
> >> week.
> >> I almost fainted about 1 minute into the ride from the perfume. In fact,
> >> I'm making myself sick just thinking about it. Back to the freeway I
> >> went,
> >> in bumper to bumper traffic which was one heckuva lot better than the
> >> perfume. It was the year that one particular perfume was so popular and
> >> it
> >> smelled to me EXACTLY like bug spray; everyone was wearing it. To this
> >> day,
> >> I really think it was.
> >> Dee Dee

> > I think it was called "Poison".
> >
> > And it did indeed smell just like Raid..... ;-)
> >
> > And the knock-off versions were even worse!
> >
> > I think it was made by Georgios?

> Or, DuPont, maybe? :) I can only think of one scent that's worse: FDS.
> It's basically a loud advertisement that says "Something nasty is happening
> to my downtown, or I don't own a bath tub".

<lol> You are, just, SO bad!!!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

"The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]
> orgasmic
> tasting of foods you might not prepare at home even on
> special
> occasions.
>
> You're reservations are confirmed. You are set to
> experience The
> Perfect Evening.
>
> You arrive and check in at the maitre d's station. "Yes,
> party of
> two, seven o'clock. Right this way." You are seated at the
> prime
> table; a window view of a scenic vista that capture the
> very
> essence of what you were expecting. Linen and crystal,
> china and
> silver are laid out with scientific precision. Menus are
> set in
> front of you and cocktails are ordered.
>
> You are awed and inspired by the chef's cunning and
> imagination.
> Each plate, from the appetizers to the main course, is
> described
> with such passion and detail that you are tasting them
> metaphysically. Decisions are made.
>
> You look about the restaurant and notice that there are
> several
> previously occupied tables about, each discreetly distant.
> The
> closest table is another prime location, behind your
> dining guest;
> a duce, which is unoccupied.
>
> Your server stops by with your cocktails and you place
> your order.
> He comments about the excellent choices and suggests a
> style of
> wine and vineyard. Sold.
>
> You turn to your dining companion and are enjoying the
> view, the
> music, the conversation. The appetizer is brought and set
> down.
> The medley of aromas create a symphony of senses that Bach
> couldn't compete against. The sweet smell of caramelized
> leek. The
> subtleness of nutmeg. The tantalizing spice of cinnamon.
> You are
> about to bite into the scallop and see if the taste and
> texture
> match your scent-imagined taste buds when another, more
> cloying
> stench washes over your table.
>
> You pull back and look at the food on your fork. Your
> sinus
> passage goes numb. You notice your companion holding her
> napkin
> discretely over her nose and looking at the duce that is
> now
> occupied.
>
> Another couple has been seated. They are older and
> established,
> given their dress. The matron, unfortunately, has bathed
> in
> something that announces her presence long before she
> arrives,
> though. She is completely oblivious to how she appears or

I would have to leave. It wouldn't be because the scent was
so bad but because they trigger a migraine in me.

MoM

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > I think it was called "Poison".
>> >
>> > And it did indeed smell just like Raid..... ;-)
>> >
>> > And the knock-off versions were even worse!
>> >
>> > I think it was made by Georgios?

>> Or, DuPont, maybe? :) I can only think of one scent that's worse: FDS.
>> It's basically a loud advertisement that says "Something nasty is
>> happening
>> to my downtown, or I don't own a bath tub".
>>

> <lol> You are, just, SO bad!!!
> --
> Om.

It's the truth, though! You can smell that stuff 100 feet away. Like Desenex
foot spray, only worse.

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > I think it was called "Poison".
>> >
>> > And it did indeed smell just like Raid..... ;-)
>> >
>> > And the knock-off versions were even worse!

Yes, you're right, it was "Poison" and it did smell like Raid. If you would
walk into a department store, there would be females there awaiting you to
spray it onto you. Yikes!
Dee Dee

> I would have to leave. It wouldn't be because the scent was so bad but
> because they trigger a migraine in me.
>
> MoM

Yes, that's the whole thing for me: it's not the scent, but the illness
that the scent creates. So for me when I sniff this 'whatever' scent, I
run; and if I cannot run, I get angry because I know what is in store for
me.
Dee Dee

In article <[email protected]>,
"Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Or, DuPont, maybe? :) I can only think of one scent that's worse: FDS.
> >> It's basically a loud advertisement that says "Something nasty is
> >> happening
> >> to my downtown, or I don't own a bath tub".
> >>

> > <lol> You are, just, SO bad!!!
> > --
> > Om.

> It's the truth, though! You can smell that stuff 100 feet away. Like Desenex
> foot spray, only worse.

Then there is always Preparation H....
It has a rather distinctive odor as well. ;-)

Since you just had to go "there"........ <lol>
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> Yes, you're right, it was "Poison" and it did smell like Raid. If you would
> walk into a department store, there would be females there awaiting you to
> spray it onto you. Yikes!
> Dee Dee

Gods I hated that stuff......... <gag>

Never did understand why it was so popular!

I liked "Red" however, but could not wear it.
--

Rhonda Anderson wrote:

> I try to err on the side of caution, also - I'm always worried that I've
> overdone it, though I certainly don't apply lots of perfume. There are
> only a few scents that I wear, and none are super strong. The only
> complaint I've ever had about my perfume has been at work, and that was a
> joking complaint that I smelt like lollies, and this person was on a diet
> - the perfume was a vanilla oil from the Body Shop which is probably the
> perfume I wear most often. I have had people tell me I was making them
> hungry when I've worn it,but only people who have been standing right
> next to me - it doesn't pervade the whole room, and again they weren't
> serious complaints (thankfully).
>
> Rhonda Anderson
> Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Interestingly, I've always like unisex scents.

In college the femmes fatales wore Shalimar, the rest of us wore things
like Canoe, which was introduced for both sexes. My current favorite
is Calvin Klein "Be". It's not overpowering and wears off quickly.

gloria p
who thinks patchouli should be available by prescription only

"The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Imagine, if you will, going out to a top-shelf restaurant for an
> evening of pleasant dining, quiet socializing, and orgasmic
> tasting of foods you might not prepare at home even on special
> occasions.
>
> You're reservations are confirmed. You are set to experience The
> Perfect Evening.
>
> You arrive and check in at the maitre d's station. "Yes, party of
> two, seven o'clock. Right this way." You are seated at the prime
> table; a window view of a scenic vista that capture the very
> essence of what you were expecting. Linen and crystal, china and
> silver are laid out with scientific precision. Menus are set in
> front of you and cocktails are ordered.
>
> You are awed and inspired by the chef's cunning and imagination.
> Each plate, from the appetizers to the main course, is described
> with such passion and detail that you are tasting them
> metaphysically. Decisions are made.
>
> You look about the restaurant and notice that there are several
> previously occupied tables about, each discreetly distant. The
> closest table is another prime location, behind your dining guest;
> a duce, which is unoccupied.
>
> Your server stops by with your cocktails and you place your order.
> He comments about the excellent choices and suggests a style of
> wine and vineyard. Sold.
>
> You turn to your dining companion and are enjoying the view, the
> music, the conversation. The appetizer is brought and set down.
> The medley of aromas create a symphony of senses that Bach
> couldn't compete against. The sweet smell of caramelized leek. The
> subtleness of nutmeg. The tantalizing spice of cinnamon. You are
> about to bite into the scallop and see if the taste and texture
> match your scent-imagined taste buds when another, more cloying
> stench washes over your table.
>
> You pull back and look at the food on your fork. Your sinus
> passage goes numb. You notice your companion holding her napkin
> discretely over her nose and looking at the duce that is now
> occupied.
>
> Another couple has been seated. They are older and established,
> given their dress. The matron, unfortunately, has bathed in
> something that announces her presence long before she arrives,
> though. She is completely oblivious to how she appears or what it
> is doing to those around her.
>
> What do you do in this situation?

Shoot first, ask questions after running.

Shaun aRe

In article <[email protected]>,
Puester <[email protected]> wrote:

> Rhonda Anderson wrote:
> >

> > I try to err on the side of caution, also - I'm always worried that I've
> > overdone it, though I certainly don't apply lots of perfume. There are
> > only a few scents that I wear, and none are super strong. The only
> > complaint I've ever had about my perfume has been at work, and that was a
> > joking complaint that I smelt like lollies, and this person was on a diet
> > - the perfume was a vanilla oil from the Body Shop which is probably the
> > perfume I wear most often. I have had people tell me I was making them
> > hungry when I've worn it,but only people who have been standing right
> > next to me - it doesn't pervade the whole room, and again they weren't
> > serious complaints (thankfully).
> >
> > Rhonda Anderson
> > Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

> Interestingly, I've always like unisex scents.
>
> In college the femmes fatales wore Shalimar, the rest of us wore things
> like Canoe, which was introduced for both sexes. My current favorite
> is Calvin Klein "Be". It's not overpowering and wears off quickly.
>
> gloria p
> who thinks patchouli should be available by prescription only

<lol> For many moons I wore my own home mix of Patchouli and Bayberry.
Had a couple of co-workers that could not handle it.

Now I wear no scents at all except for whatever the shampoo and soap
provides...
--

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, The Ranger wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:33:44 -0600, Elaine Parrish
> <[email protected]> replied:
> [snip Fifi La Phew escapade]
> >Do you want to be a gentleman, rascal, blackguard, or *******?

> Both my parents were married, so the last isn't can't be an
> option. <G> But, I can be any and all.
>
> 'Tender's Choice; whatever your heart's desire.
>
> The Ranger

Tee hee hee. I think there is a little of all of them in each of us.
Deciding which to be when is the balancing act we all face. It is a
question (using female equivalents ... or not <g>) that I have to ask
myself a lot when making decisions regarding the many irritations of life.
Erring on the side of the "high road" is much harder to do sometimes, but
it is usually worth trying first. Second is a "whole 'nother" ballgame.<g>

Elaine, too

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> The Ranger <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:33:44 -0600, Elaine Parrish
>> <[email protected]> replied:
>> [snip Fifi La Phew escapade]
>> >Do you want to be a gentleman, rascal, blackguard, or *******?

>> Both my parents were married, so the last isn't can't be an
>> option.

> Oh yeah?
> Were they married to each other? "-)

LOL! Thanks ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:34:13 GMT, Puester <[email protected]>
wrote:

> In college the femmes fatales wore Shalimar

Now, THAT stuff fills a room! Thank goodness I like it, because
people tend to refresh their fragrances in small rest rooms. I'd
never wear it, though, because that *is* air pollution.

Carol

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:34:13 GMT, Puester <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> In college the femmes fatales wore Shalimar

> Now, THAT stuff fills a room! Thank goodness I like it, because
> people tend to refresh their fragrances in small rest rooms. I'd
> never wear it, though, because that *is* air pollution.
>
> Carol

http://www.harbour.sfu.ca/~hayward/van/glossary/shalimar.html
Shalimar is a classic perfume from Guerlain, that was popular, although very
exotic, in the 50's. According to one reference, it "was inspired by the
timeless love story of an Indian Emperor who designed the Shalimar gardens
for the wife he adored. [...] The hint of musk from exotic spices such as
amber and vanilla were considered too overtly sensual for refined women at
first."

http://store.nordstrom.com/category/cat_medium.asp?category=2377897~2377899~2383884&origin=leftnav
Maybe this is the Shalimar version for men? It's named Guerlain, but I
don't know.

Shalimar is the only perfume I really liked. (Joy was the perfume of choice
of highschool girls in the late 40's where I was raised.)

Femme fatale from the early 50's.
Dee Dee

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote

> <lol> For many moons I wore my own home mix of Patchouli and Bayberry.
> Had a couple of co-workers that could not handle it.

I have a bottle of Channel Egoist that Kath bought for me (I'd liked the
Egoist Platinum in the past, light, zesty/zingy scent), she heard but
couldn't find it so got me this one - I like it but don't wear it often.
What I do wear fairly often Kath also bought me, recently - it came from
Body Shop - a Barefoot Doctor scent and it is absolutely gorgeous,
delicious! If I'm just feeling fed up, a bit blue, I'll put a couple of
squirts on the top of my chest and the scent soon cheers me right up. It's
not overpowering either, and even if you put a lot on initially, it mellows
within a few minutes and stays that way. First time I used it Taryn came
into the room and her eyes started rolling back in her head I swear, and she
said 'Wow, what's that smell? It's gorgeous, I want some!' - really is nice.
I just did a search but cannot find the one I have - it's in a long, slender
glass tube-bottle, silver/grey metal cap and pump spray, comes in a long
slim little box with the BD logo on it.

Hmmmm....

Shaun aRe - It's EDIBLE I tell ya...

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> My neighbor Brooks is 80+. I love him. Out of
>> boredom he comes over and putzes around our gardens. He lost his dog
>> last year, Lance reached the 20 year mark and was quietly put to
>> sleep. He loves
>> to play with Missy and Shelly. I remember when his wife died. We
>> had just
>> moved in.
>>
>> Anyway, the man can cook. He can do some serious BBQ. He just adores
>> Missy
>> salivating over his smoker ;0
>>

> He must be quite a guy. Attitude can keep people young and healthy if
> they are not predisposed to certain illnesses. He might appreciate
> you as a neighbor more than you realize. My in-laws who aren't that
> extraverted, had a neighbor with lots of kids, dogs and fanfare, and
> my in-laws fell in love with them. It was really good for them.
> Dee Dee

I adore this man. We borrow stuff from him. When he dies, and his house
sells, I'm moving. Seriously. I don't want kids. He has 4 bedrooms.

Michael >- has 2 kids and loves 'em

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:34:13 GMT, Puester <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> In college the femmes fatales wore Shalimar

> Now, THAT stuff fills a room! Thank goodness I like it, because
> people tend to refresh their fragrances in small rest rooms. I'd
> never wear it, though, because that *is* air pollution.
>
> Carol

Oh, shampoo and soap. Good stuff.

Michael

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:34:13 GMT, Puester <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> In college the femmes fatales wore Shalimar

> Now, THAT stuff fills a room! Thank goodness I like it, because
> people tend to refresh their fragrances in small rest rooms. I'd
> never wear it, though, because that *is* air pollution.

That's what worried me, I think maybe my perfume would get around,
too. Opium. I also wore a mens cologne on occasion, that wasn't
as strong. Named something that made me think of tweed.

nancy

OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Doug Kanter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > I think it was called "Poison".
>> >
>> > And it did indeed smell just like Raid..... ;-)
>> >
>> > And the knock-off versions were even worse!
>> >
>> > I think it was made by Georgios?

>> Or, DuPont, maybe? :) I can only think of one scent that's worse:
>> FDS. It's basically a loud advertisement that says "Something nasty
>> is happening to my downtown, or I don't own a bath tub".
>>

> <lol> You are, just, SO bad!!!

Yo so bad... LOL

Michael