TAKEN OUT IN SPRINT ON PURPOSE!!

Stormsgate

Mar 10, 2010
On Saturday morning, June 2, 2012, was our weekly group training ride (At bike crossing now ). There was a guy there that is a cat 3. He always does strange things when he rides. Mostly I think to try to show how strong he thinks he is and it was the same ole same ole like always kind of thing but everyone here is use to that. We were at the end of the ride and the sprint point was coming up. Some folks were going for it and some were not. We will call this guy Joe. After a close call with Joe and him almost swiping me to close, he was able to break away and he was off the front and headed down the other side of the hill. Luckly I was able to start closing in on him. After a long haul I was able to catch him and brought some folks with me. As I finally got to him I was exhausted and of course he saw me pull up and got mad and went to pull over witch I pulled right behind him so I could breath. I was there for a little while and He saw me behind him and this made him madder. He then did the unthinkable and I never thought he would ever go this far. First he looked back at me,.....he then SLAMMED ON HIS BRAKES!! ** He Hates to lose or at least his perception of letting someone get ahead of him!!!! My whole front wheel went sideways completely as I slid into the back of his wheel ( no overlapping just a full wheel cross! ) IT WAS REPORTED THAT WE WERE GOING BETWEEN 25 AND 28 MPH! I went down immediately ending up laying face down in the street KNOCKED OUT COLD. The guys around me said I laid there without moving for around 20 seconds or so laying in the left hand lane FACE DOWN WITH TRAFFIC COMING MY WAY! JOE kept going (he did not go down), even though he knew I went down hard but did come back eventually. MY NEW CERVELO is now in the shop, MY $200.00 GEAR TORN, ROAD RASH AND INJURIES AND OF COURSE THE HIP THAT HAS BEEN INJURED FOR OVER A YEAR AND A HALF TOOK THE BLUNT OF THE wreck and is not in good shape!! My wedding ring was also damaged and that was made out of titanium!! Needless to say I was cussing him like a sailor once I got my wits about me! I SHOULD SAY I WAS OUT OF MY HEAD THAT POINT AND CONFUSED!! We almost tangled up but there were enough guys there to break that up and they told him to leave and he went on ahead back to his car. Surprisingly when we got back to the parking lot he was still there and the argument continued. At one point he was even laughing about it and even smiled at me about it when I confronted him about how fast we were going when it happened. It was finely broke up and I was taken inside the Bike crossing by one of the Owners who thanlfuly took care off me . (Thank you Bike crossing)! Joe of course has lied about it and said it was an accident but later admited to it considering we had witnesses! I just had to get that off my chest.

This is hard for me for! Although I am doing better, usualy in a situwation like this I cant let it go untill i have got revenge or least got some payments for damages but thinks to my wife and cycling friends I am learning that it only makes it worse when you do that at lest in some situwations. I come from a background of almost 27 years of martial arts and have fought all my life and no longer want to see anyone hurt. Not that i did before but in that type of background you are teaching self defense everyday and sometimes people get hurt. Its just part of it. Cycling is not a contact sport.....lololol..at least its not suppose to involve punches and kicks....lolol. So Im wirtting this to get it off my chest for a healing process. Im looking for support.....so if your looking to bash....I already got bashed plenty....lolol.
I have learned that when it comes down to it.....my cyclist friends will be there for me thick and then! You guys too!!

Take comfort in the fact that he just cemented his eternal status as that of a wannabe.

I come from a background of almost 27 years of martial arts and have fought all my life...

Kick his ass, seabass. Put a size 9 so far up his hindside he tastes the leather and the dog **** you stepped in last week.

It sure would be a damned shame for him to end up in the ditch at the next training race. A damned shame, I say.

I hope you heal up with no long-lasting effects from your injuries. Bruised hips suck.

It's a troubling story. I've been in an out of MA my whole life as well and learned one thing early: move to close, or walk away. Sometimes an admission can at least validate our feelings of anger. You got your friends, sounds like this fella has a karma knucklewich coming his way soon. I'd let the statute of limitations expire and move to living your wonderful life, just my 2 cents.

You sound like a bit of a hot head. You sucked the wheel of a guy you knew was sketchy. Quit doing that and quit talking about revenge. Take responsibility for your decisions and learn from your mistakes.

You sound like a bit of a hot head. You sucked the wheel of a guy you knew was sketchy. Quit doing that and quit talking about revenge. Take responsibility for your decisions and learn from your mistakes.

WTF?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

I come from a background of almost 27 years of martial arts and have fought all my life...

Kick his ass, seabass. Put a size 9 so far up his hindside he tastes the leather and the dog **** you stepped in last week.

It sure would be a damned shame for him to end up in the ditch at the next training race. A damned shame, I say.

I hope you heal up with no long-lasting effects from your injuries. Bruised hips suck.
FTW. Don't **** with me, I know Judo!

And when you suck a jerk's wheel, be ready to change course.

When someone pulled this trick on me, I launched my attack.

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

lolololol....thats funny

I hope you heal up with no long-lasting effects from your injuries. Bruised hips suc
THANK YOU!! I will ride for you any day!

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

Also I see you can not read. I said in the intro that in the past I would want revenge but I know that that is not the answer now by the help of my fellow cyclist and friends. I understand........your mouth is way faster than your brain........ lets move on

Many years ago in a road race far, far away...

We were maybe halfway thru a 40-mile road race and climbing a steady grade...nothing steep, just a nice, steady tempo.

Three or four riders ahead of me, a goofus that was known to be a moron by everyone took a swing at a team mate of mine over some perceived wrong. I think it was over something stupid such as position in the pack. Everyone *****ed loudly at him as the idiot's movement and the fast swerve by my team mate to evade the punch almost caused a crash in the pack.

Words were traded and everyone rolled on towards the finish...

A few miles later we were absolutely hustling thru a flat section full of 'S' turns, one after another.

Someone...no one could remember seeing 'who'...oddly enough...put a hip or shoulder into the moron when he was on the outside of one of those turns. The last that was seen of him was his bottomside facing the sky as he rotated into the ditch...made John Hoogerland's flying-fence-post-tackle look tame.

Alpha male, no Wolf Stare required.

Many years ago in a road race far, far away...

We were maybe halfway thru a 40-mile road race and climbing a steady grade...nothing steep, just a nice, steady tempo.

Three or four riders ahead of me, a goofus that was known to be a moron by everyone took a swing at a team mate of mine over some perceived wrong. I think it was over something stupid such as position in the pack. Everyone *****ed loudly at him as the idiot's movement and the fast swerve by my team mate to evade the punch almost caused a crash in the pack.

Words were traded and everyone rolled on towards the finish...

A few miles later we were absolutely hustling thru a flat section full of 'S' turns, one after another.

Someone...no one could remember seeing 'who'...oddly enough...put a hip or shoulder into the moron when he was on the outside of one of those turns. The last that was seen of him was his bottomside facing the sky as he rotated into the ditch...made John Hoogerland's flying-fence-post-tackle look tame.

Alpha male, no Wolf Stare required.
WOW!! i think that is awsome! Thats the way it should be!! Thanks for the support!!......like i said i would ride for you anyday!

****** Update*****

The same guy that took me out took someone else out last Saturday. This broke the other guys collarbone and will need surgery.........oboy........

This guy is still allowed to take part in your group training rides?

Sounds like your group needs some leadership; give him the boot.

forgive revenge, AS you can pay your attention to do more meaningful things. Maybe you can learn something from those unhappy experience, but i think it do benefit to you, as you can learn something from everything whenever and whereever. GOOD LUCK! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/duck.gifActually i experienced the same with you /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

Originally Posted by maydog .

This guy is still allowed to take part in your group training rides?

Sounds like your group needs some leadership; give him the boot.
He has not been back to our group.....this actualy happened somewhere else