Taking bike to Arizona

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Saxon, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Saxon

    Saxon Guest

    Hi,

    I'm due to go to Arizona for 14 weeks and was wondering whether to take the bike because it will
    provide independant transport. I'm also guessing that there will be some good MTB opportunities
    there but have some questions:

    1. How much will shipping a bike by air cost?
    2. Anyone ever ridden in Arizona (Scottsdale) - what's it like?
    3. Views on whether it's worth the hassle

    Bike is a Scott Boulder 2001 MTB

    Many thanks,

    - Jonathan

    Tags:

  2. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Saxon must be edykated coz e writed:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm due to go to Arizona for 14 weeks and was wondering whether to take the bike because it will
    > provide independant transport. I'm also guessing that there will be some good MTB opportunities
    > there but have some questions:
    >
    > 1. How much will shipping a bike by air cost?
    > 2. Anyone ever ridden in Arizona (Scottsdale) - what's it like?
    > 3. Views on whether it's worth the hassle
    >
    > Bike is a Scott Boulder 2001 MTB
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > - Jonathan

    You should be able to take the bike as part of your personal luggage, other people with more
    experience here will advise as to preparation for flight, how long are you going for?

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  3. Selwonk

    Selwonk Guest

    "Saxon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm due to go to Arizona for 14 weeks and was wondering whether to take
    the
    > bike because it will provide independant transport. I'm also guessing
    that
    > there will be some good MTB opportunities there but have some questions:
    >
    > 1. How much will shipping a bike by air cost?
    > 2. Anyone ever ridden in Arizona (Scottsdale) - what's it like?
    > 3. Views on whether it's worth the hassle
    >
    > Bike is a Scott Boulder 2001 MTB

    You might wat to visit; http://www.mountainbikeaz.com/home.shtml

  4. Saxon

    Saxon Guest

    Ian,

    I'm going for just over 3 months - anyone else able to offer advice??

    Thanks,

    news:BBCA786C.15C50%[email protected]...