taking care of rust inside frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Serg, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. Serg

    Serg Guest

    what's the best way to do it? use some sort of neutralizer followed by "frame saver"? thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    serg wrote:
    > what's the best way to do it? use some sort of neutralizer followed by "frame saver"? thanks!

    I dont know about a neutraliser. My local well respected frame builder
    http://www.robertscycles.co.uk Told me to just use Framesaver straight off. I'm not arguing with
    them, I want them to build my next frame :)

    Stan Cox

  3. Jim Beam

    Jim Beam Guest

    i wouldn't use chemicals in there. just scrape out what you can with a rag wrapped in sand paper on
    the end of an old wire hanger, then use frame saver.

    serg wrote:
    > what's the best way to do it? use some sort of neutralizer followed by "frame saver"? thanks!

  4. Phil Brown

    Phil Brown Guest

    >what's the best way to do it? use some sort of neutralizer followed by "frame saver"? thanks!

    If there's lots of loose rust flakes throw some nuts and bolts inside the tubes you can get at and
    shake. That'll take care of the loose stuff and then apply Framesaver. Phil Brown

  5. Serg

    Serg Guest

    thanks for the suggestions everybody!