taking care of rust inside frame

Serg

Guest
what's the best way to do it? use some sort of neutralizer followed by "frame saver"? thanks!

serg wrote:
> what's the best way to do it? use some sort of neutralizer followed by "frame saver"? thanks!

I dont know about a neutraliser. My local well respected frame builder
http://www.robertscycles.co.uk Told me to just use Framesaver straight off. I'm not arguing with
them, I want them to build my next frame :)

Stan Cox

i wouldn't use chemicals in there. just scrape out what you can with a rag wrapped in sand paper on
the end of an old wire hanger, then use frame saver.

serg wrote:
> what's the best way to do it? use some sort of neutralizer followed by "frame saver"? thanks!

>what's the best way to do it? use some sort of neutralizer followed by "frame saver"? thanks!

If there's lots of loose rust flakes throw some nuts and bolts inside the tubes you can get at and
shake. That'll take care of the loose stuff and then apply Framesaver. Phil Brown