talk about tough!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by rtk, Feb 10, 2006.

  1. rtk

    rtk Guest

    Anyone listen to NPR this morning? I mentioned the guys I
    swim with in another post. One of them was interviewed this
    morning because he was just down in Antarctica doing his
    astrophysics thing and a bunch of them had their annual race
    around the world, using any conveyance you can dream up or
    just running, whatever. The air is so dry at 40 degrees
    below zero they all crossed the finish line with bloody
    noses. Can you imagine, Micheal, doing something like that?
    Why not? A bloody nose isn't fatal. Minus forty degrees
    can be tolerated with enough clothes. He's a decent
    swimmer, but this morning he did his share of gasping yet
    didn't get bent out of shape. He's twice your age and 2/3
    mine.

    rtk

    Tags:

  2. Martin Smith

    Martin Smith Guest

    rtk wrote:

    > Anyone listen to NPR this morning? I mentioned the guys I swim with in
    > another post. One of them was interviewed this morning because he was
    > just down in Antarctica doing his astrophysics thing and a bunch of them
    > had their annual race around the world, using any conveyance you can
    > dream up or just running, whatever. The air is so dry at 40 degrees
    > below zero they all crossed the finish line with bloody noses. Can you
    > imagine, Micheal, doing something like that? Why not? A bloody nose
    > isn't fatal. Minus forty degrees can be tolerated with enough clothes.
    > He's a decent swimmer, but this morning he did his share of gasping yet
    > didn't get bent out of shape. He's twice your age and 2/3 mine.
    >
    > rtk

    Remember, he doesn't let anything but soap touch him in the nether regions.

  3. Pat in TX

    Pat in TX Guest

    > Remember, he doesn't let anything but soap touch him in the nether
    > regions.

    [email protected]#$%it, Martin, that is NOT good for keyboards!

    Pat in TX

  4. "rtk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anyone listen to NPR this morning? I mentioned the guys I
    > swim with in another post. One of them was interviewed this
    > morning because he was just down in Antarctica doing his
    > astrophysics thing and a bunch of them had their annual race
    > around the world, using any conveyance you can dream up or
    > just running, whatever. The air is so dry at 40 degrees
    > below zero they all crossed the finish line with bloody
    > noses. Can you imagine, Micheal, doing something like that?
    > Why not? A bloody nose isn't fatal. Minus forty degrees
    > can be tolerated with enough clothes. He's a decent
    > swimmer, but this morning he did his share of gasping yet
    > didn't get bent out of shape. He's twice your age and 2/3
    > mine.

    I do not follow? Are you saying i could not do it? Wouldnt do it?

    Micheal