Talk UK forums

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by [email protected], Mar 26, 2006.

  1. Hi everyone!

    I'm Will, and I'm the admin of www.talk-uk.com, I've recently
    completely revamped the site, and created a brand new chat forum. We
    have several general chat forums, and if enough people become
    interested, I'm happy to create a forum specifically for people with an
    interest in cycling.

    The address is www.talk-uk.com, hope to see you there. :)

    Will

    Tags:

  2. elyob

    elyob Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi everyone!

    Bye Will. We get people spamming their websites every week, and none of us
    care for it.

    I see you are also right behind your site ..

    Administrative Contact:
    S, William *******@talk-uk.com
    UK
    none, none ABC 123
    UK
    0123456789
    So, just quietly FO, there's a good boy.

  3. [email protected] wrote:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > I'm Will, and I'm the admin of www.talk-uk.com, I've recently
    > completely revamped the site, and created a brand new chat forum. We
    > have several general chat forums, and if enough people become
    > interested, I'm happy to create a forum specifically for people with
    > an interest in cycling.
    >
    > The address is www.talk-uk.com, hope to see you there. :)
    >
    > Will

    To save us the bother of all registering, I've created a

    user: dontspamme
    password: dontspam

    I hope that will help you all share your feelings with backpackerwills.
    --
    Ambrose

  4. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, elyob
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Hi everyone!

    > Bye Will. We get people spamming their websites every week, and none of
    > us care for it.
    >
    > I see you are also right behind your site ..
    >
    > Administrative Contact:
    > S, William *******@talk-uk.com
    > UK
    > none, none ABC 123
    > UK
    > 0123456789
    > So, just quietly FO, there's a good boy.

    You're not allowed to do that. A quick complaint to ICANN and that domain
    will be pulled... ah, but I can't be bothered. There'll be another idiot
    along in a minute with another spamsite.

    ;; First they came for the asylum seekers,
    ;; and I did not speak out because I was not an asylum seeker.
    ;; Then they came for the gypsies,
    ;; and I did not speak out because I was not a gypsy...
    ;; Pastor Martin Niemöller, translated by Michael Howard.

  5. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:36:13 +0100, Simon Brooke
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >in message <[email protected]>, elyob
    >('[email protected]') wrote:
    >

    >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> Hi everyone!

    >> Bye Will. We get people spamming their websites every week, and none of
    >> us care for it.
    >>
    >> I see you are also right behind your site ..
    >>
    >> Administrative Contact:
    >> S, William *******@talk-uk.com
    >> UK
    >> none, none ABC 123
    >> UK
    >> 0123456789
    >> So, just quietly FO, there's a good boy.

    >You're not allowed to do that. A quick complaint to ICANN and that domain
    >will be pulled... ah, but I can't be bothered.

    I think elyob has edited the contact info. The whois I looked up
    showed what seems to be valid info.

    >There'll be another idiot
    >along in a minute with another spamsite.

    This is true.

    Tim

  6. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "Tim Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I think elyob has edited the contact info. The whois I looked up
    > showed what seems to be valid info.

    Stramge, I used a whois I was recommended the other day, and that was what
    it gave. I used my usual geektools site and it showed the Stratford stuff.
    Still, can't be bothered to find out why.

  7. On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:51:53 +0100, "Ambrose Nankivell"
    <[email protected]> said in <[email protected]>:

    >user: dontspamme
    >password: dontspam

    Invalid. I wonder why? It's almost as if he doesn't appreciate being
    called on his spamming!

    Guy
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  8. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Tim Hall
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:36:13 +0100, Simon Brooke
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>in message <[email protected]>, elyob
    >>('[email protected]') wrote:
    >>

    >>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> Bye Will. We get people spamming their websites every week, and none
    >>> of us care for it.
    >>>
    >>> I see you are also right behind your site ..
    >>>
    >>> Administrative Contact:
    >>> S, William *******@talk-uk.com
    >>> UK
    >>> none, none ABC 123
    >>> UK
    >>> 0123456789
    >>> So, just quietly FO, there's a good boy.

    >>You're not allowed to do that. A quick complaint to ICANN and that
    >>domain will be pulled... ah, but I can't be bothered.

    > I think elyob has edited the contact info. The whois I looked up
    > showed what seems to be valid info.

    Ooops, yes, should have checked myself.

    admin-c-firstname: Will
    admin-c-lastname: Sh
    admin-c-street1: 11
    admin-c-street2: Welles
    admin-c-pcode: CV37 5TD
    admin-c-city: Stratford
    admin-c-ccode: GB
    admin-c-phone: +44.1789205432
    admin-c-email: [email protected]

    No need to send him to Coventry, he's there already.

    IMHO, there aren't enough committed Christians, but that's care
    in the community for you. -- Ben Evans

  9. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    elyob wrote:
    > "Tim Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> I think elyob has edited the contact info. The whois I looked up
    >> showed what seems to be valid info.

    > Stramge, I used a whois I was recommended the other day, and that was what
    > it gave. I used my usual geektools site and it showed the Stratford stuff.
    > Still, can't be bothered to find out why.

    Still come out with invalid data on Geektools and a postcode that is
    invalid. Plenty enough to get it pulled.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

  10. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:51:53 +0100, "Ambrose Nankivell"
    > <[email protected]> said in <[email protected]>:
    >
    >> user: dontspamme
    >> password: dontspam

    > Invalid. I wonder why? It's almost as if he doesn't appreciate being
    > called on his spamming!

    Funny, isn't it. It only took him 5 minutes to take it down.
    --
    Ambrose