Talking about dream bikes ...

Richard Sherratt

Guest
Which we were a couple of months ago.

My mate with the Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon everything, turned
up today with his new Campag Hyperon Ultra wheels. Carbon rims, carbon
hubs with ceramic ball bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set. And then you
have to get the special brake pads :)

--
Regards.
Richard.

"Richard Sherratt" <[email protected]> schreef in
bericht news:[email protected]...
> Which we were a couple of months ago.
>
> My mate with the Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon everything, turned
> up today with his new Campag Hyperon Ultra wheels. Carbon rims, carbon
> hubs with ceramic ball bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set. And then you
> have to get the special brake pads :)

.....which you get for free as a special bonus for a special not every day
customer...

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Richard Sherrat wrote:
> Which we were a couple of months ago.
> My mate with the Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon everything, turned up
> today with his new Campag Hyperon Ultra wheels. Carbon rims, carbon hubs
> with ceramic ball bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set. And then you have
> to get the special brake pads :)

Pleeease tell me this guy can and does ride!?

hippy

news:d%[email protected]...
> Richard Sherrat wrote:
> > Which we were a couple of months ago.
> > My mate with the Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon everything, turned

up
> > today with his new Campag Hyperon Ultra wheels. Carbon rims, carbon

hubs
> > with ceramic ball bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set. And then you have
> > to get the special brake pads :)

> Pleeease tell me this guy can and does ride!?
>
> hippy
>
>Yeah Hippy, like a guy I knew once who bought a set of Titleist (i think

thats how it's spelt)Golf clubs so he can play like a Pro.....I'm just a
hacker and I reckon I did him like a dinner and I just had a set of
rentals......the bike don't make the rider.......but man, what a way to
learn!!

DJ

D&M Johnston wrote:
> >Yeah Hippy, like a guy I knew once who bought a set of Titleist (i
> >think thats how it's spelt)Golf clubs so he can play like a

> Pro.....I'm just a hacker and I reckon I did him like a dinner and I
> just had a set of rentals......the bike don't make the rider.......but
> man, what a way to learn!! DJ

Words of wisdom indeed. It's not the flashy toys that count, but
skill. :cool:

--

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> D&M Johnston wrote:
> > >Yeah Hippy, like a guy I knew once who bought a set of Titleist

> (i > >think thats how it's spelt)Golf clubs so he can play like a
> > Pro.....I'm just a hacker and I reckon I did him like a dinner

> and I > just had a set of rentals......the bike don't make the
> rider.......but > man, what a way to learn!! DJ
>
> Words of wisdom indeed. It's not the flashy toys that count, but
> skill. :cool:

It's easy to see you don't hang out at Cafe Racer.

--

A: Top-posters.

On Sun, 16 May 2004 06:38:01 GMT, hippy
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Richard Sherrat wrote:
> > Which we were a couple of months ago.
> > My mate with the Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon everything, turned up
> > today with his new Campag Hyperon Ultra wheels. Carbon rims, carbon hubs
> > with ceramic ball bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set. And then you have
> > to get the special brake pads :)

>Pleeease tell me this guy can and does ride!?

He can and does.

Wouldn't it be awful if he just hung it on the wall? :)

--
Regards.
Richard.

Drs wrote:
> It's easy to see you don't hang out at Cafe Racer.

Oh, you mean that carp place that used to be 'Turkey Toms' ? Overpriced,
carp service, coffee, food. nice pictures on the walls tho and at least
they have a nice rack to scratch your front rims on :-0

--

flyingdutch wrote:
> Oh, you mean that carp place that used to be 'Turkey Toms' ?

Carp? It was a seafood restaurant?

hippy
- nows he wil pay deerly for picking on a typo, so inserts this sentence
to appease the nitpikking godss.. ;)

--

hippy wrote:
> Carp? It was a seafood restaurant?
> hippy
> - nows he wil pay deerly for picking on a typo, so inserts this sentence
> to appease the nitpikking godss.. ;)

Ahahaha, online spelling bees can be fun, re: the recent Detroit thread.
<http://www.cyclingforums.com/t121749.html>

Off topic a bit, but last year a dumb troll kept messing up the message
boards on b3ta,

"...Catchphrases. Never underestimate the power of a catchphrase. "Your
All Gay" (yes, spelt like that) started when an illiterate troll from
poo.com turned up on our site. His taunts became our taunts and Reverend
Dan turned the whole thing into a catching little barbershop quartette
thingie with Oscar Wilde. .."

*Not quite safe for work warning* <http://www.yourallgay.com>

enjoy:D

--

flyingdutch wrote:
> "I wanna start a Nuclear WARRR" "I wannatake you to a..."

Yeah, rock out with Viking Kittens, <http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar>

Now we've gone completely OT.

--

hippy wrote:
> Carp? It was a seafood restaurant?
> hippy
> - nows he wil pay deerly for picking on a typo, so inserts this sentence
> to appease the nitpikking godss.. ;)

'carp' was intentional, you silly backpacker :)

thawt it better than typing out 'Cr@p' and is my way of
blaspheming around the kids. I used to live 3 doors down from what
is now Cafe Racer, and back then being Turkey Tom's (late 80's)
MilkBar/General Store with life giving fruit juices and fried food
for the morning-after!

FD "I wanna start a Nuclear WARRR" "I wannatake you to a..."

--

>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>'carp' was intentional, you silly backpacker :)

See, I told you making fun of a "typo" would come back and bite me in
the "ars" ;-)

>"I wanna start a Nuclear WARRR" "I wannatake you to a..."

I love this! First heard the kitten version on rathergood.com...

hippy 192bpm pedla!