Talking about dream bikes ...



R

Richard Sherrat

Guest
Which we were a couple of months ago.

My mate with the Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon
everything, turned up today with his new Campag Hyperon
Ultra wheels. Carbon rims, carbon hubs with ceramic ball
bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set. And then you have to get
the special brake pads :)

--
Regards. Richard.
 
"Richard Sherratt" <[email protected]> schreef in
bericht news:[email protected]...
> Which we were a couple of months ago.
>
> My mate with the Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon
> everything, turned up today with his new Campag Hyperon
> Ultra wheels. Carbon rims, carbon hubs with ceramic ball
> bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set. And then you have to
> get the special brake pads :)

....which you get for free as a special bonus for a special
not every day customer...

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
 
Originally posted by Richard Sherrat
Which we were a couple of months ago.

My mate with the Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon
everything, turned up today with his new Campag Hyperon
Ultra wheels. Carbon rims, carbon hubs with ceramic ball
bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set. And then you have to get
the special brake pads :)

Pleeease tell me this guy can and does ride!?

hippy
 
"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:d%[email protected]...
> Richard Sherrat wrote:
> > Which we were a couple of months ago. My mate with the
> > Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon everything, turned
up
> > today with his new Campag Hyperon Ultra wheels. Carbon
> > rims, carbon
hubs
> > with ceramic ball bearings. Very nice. $6,000 a set.
> > And then you have to get the special brake pads :)
>
>
>
> Pleeease tell me this guy can and does ride!?
>
> hippy
>
>Yeah Hippy, like a guy I knew once who bought a set of
>Titleist (i think
thats how it's spelt)Golf clubs so he can play like a
Pro.....I'm just a hacker and I reckon I did him like a
dinner and I just had a set of rentals......the bike don't
make the rider.......but man, what a way to learn!!

DJ
>
> --
 
Originally posted by D&M Johnston
>Yeah Hippy, like a guy I knew once who bought a set of
>Titleist (i think thats how it's spelt)Golf clubs so he can play like a
Pro.....I'm just a hacker and I reckon I did him like a
dinner and I just had a set of rentals......the bike don't
make the rider.......but man, what a way to learn!!
DJ

Words of wisdom indeed. It's not the flashy toys that count, but skill. :cool:
 
"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> D&M Johnston wrote:
> > >Yeah Hippy, like a guy I knew once who bought a set
> > >of Titleist
> (i > >think thats how it's spelt)Golf clubs so he can
> play like a
> > Pro.....I'm just a hacker and I reckon I did him like
> > a dinner
> and I > just had a set of rentals......the bike don't
> make the rider.......but > man, what a way to learn!! DJ
>
> Words of wisdom indeed. It's not the flashy toys that
> count, but skill. :cool:

It's easy to see you don't hang out at Cafe Racer.

--

A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?
 
On Sun, 16 May 2004 06:38:01 GMT, hippy
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Richard Sherrat wrote:
> > Which we were a couple of months ago. My mate with the
> > Colnago C50, Record 2004, carbon everything, turned up
> > today with his new Campag Hyperon Ultra wheels. Carbon
> > rims, carbon hubs with ceramic ball bearings. Very
> > nice. $6,000 a set. And then you have to get the
> > special brake pads :)
>
>
>
>Pleeease tell me this guy can and does ride!?

He can and does.

Wouldn't it be awful if he just hung it on the wall? :)

--
Regards. Richard.
 
Originally posted by Drs
It's easy to see you don't hang out at Cafe Racer.

Oh, you mean that carp place that used to be 'Turkey Toms' ?
Overpriced, carp service, coffee, food. nice pictures on the walls tho and at least they have a nice rack to scratch your front rims on :-0
 
Originally posted by flyingdutch
Oh, you mean that carp place that used to be 'Turkey Toms' ?

Carp? It was a seafood restaurant?

hippy
- nows he wil pay deerly for picking on a typo, so inserts this sentence to appease the nitpikking godss.. ;)
 
Originally posted by hippy
Carp? It was a seafood restaurant?

hippy
- nows he wil pay deerly for picking on a typo, so inserts this sentence to appease the nitpikking godss.. ;)


Ahahaha, online spelling bees can be fun, re: the recent Detroit thread. <http://www.cyclingforums.com/t121749.html>

Off topic a bit, but last year a dumb troll kept messing up the message boards on b3ta,

"...Catchphrases. Never underestimate the power of a catchphrase. "Your All Gay" (yes, spelt like that) started when an illiterate troll from poo.com turned up on our site. His taunts became our taunts and Reverend Dan turned the whole thing into a catching little barbershop quartette thingie with Oscar Wilde. .."

*Not quite safe for work warning*
<http://www.yourallgay.com>


enjoy:D
 
Originally posted by hippy
Carp? It was a seafood restaurant?

hippy
- nows he wil pay deerly for picking on a typo, so inserts this sentence to appease the nitpikking godss.. ;)

'carp' was intentional, you silly backpacker :)

thawt it better than typing out 'Cr@p' and is my way of blaspheming around the kids. I used to live 3 doors down from what is now Cafe Racer, and back then being Turkey Tom's (late 80's) MilkBar/General Store with life giving fruit juices and fried food for the morning-after!

FD
"I wanna start a Nuclear WARRR"
"I wannatake you to a..."
 
>Originally posted by flyingdutch
>'carp' was intentional, you silly backpacker :)

See, I told you making fun of a "typo" would come back and
bite me in the "ars" ;-)

>"I wanna start a Nuclear WARRR"
>"I wannatake you to a..."

I love this! First heard the kitten version on rathergood.com...

hippy
192bpm pedla!
 

Similar threads

R
Replies
0
Views
714
Road Cycling
Robert Chung
R