Tall Girl Road Bike Needed

BeingGee

Oct 6, 2014
I'm a slender 5'11", and am having a difficult time finding my next bike. The issue is that although I'm tall, I'm a girl and need a shorter top bar, a narrower width of Drop bars that also need to be raised so I'm not so stooped. There are no "factory" bikes that fit this description without a bit of customizing and swapping, therefore everything I try out for quick test rides is uncomfy at best or leaves me feeling like I have no control over steering at worst. I currently am on a heavy 35-pound hybrid which I take on 60-mile rides -- it's crazy but my silly, inexpensive Diamondback is way more comfy than anything I try out so I lose patience. Any suggestions for me? Here's what I'm looking for: A touring bike or a road bike with wider tires. I need a lighter bike, all suggestions appreciated!

Trek Domane WSD, Lexa SLX (Domane WSD geometry executed in alloy), or Silque (Domane WSD cockpit geometry with Madone ride and handling characteristics. The Domane and Lexa come with 25mm tires. All of these have shortened top tubes and extended head tubes, plus standard WSD features including saddles and proportional handlebars. Your size will probably be 56 cm. See your local Trek dealer.

Disclaimer--I work for a Trek dealer. Frankly, though, these bikes are probably the closest fit to what you're looking for without going full custom.