Tall, hansome welder person seeks long stem beauty.......

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jerry Rhodes, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Rhodes

Jerry Rhodes Guest

I am building a TE clone and the one snag I have hit is a top loading long stem in 1". I have surfed
    and surfed and have not found anything but a steel one that does nto "top load" that would be better
    utilized as a pit bull killer.

I may just have to weld up my own or adapt the BIkeE stem that I got the other day.

In the meantime I am waiting for the GRR I just bought to ride until I have finished the clone.

Jerry

Tags:

2. "Jerry Rhodes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am building a TE clone and the one snag I have hit is a top loading long stem in 1". I have
    > surfed and surfed and have not found anything but a steel one that does nto "top load" that would
    > be better utilized as a pit bull killer.
    >
    > I may just have to weld up my own or adapt the BIkeE stem that I got the other day.
    >
    > In the meantime I am waiting for the GRR I just bought to ride until I have finished the clone.
    >
    > Jerry

Calhoun Cycle's evolution stem can be had in both 1" and 1 1/8". Don't know if its long enough,
    though. give 'em a call.

rich

3. "rich westerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:...
    >
    > "Jerry Rhodes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I am building a TE clone and the one snag I have hit is a top loading long stem in 1". I have
    > > surfed and surfed and have not found anything but a steel one that does nto "top load" that
    > > would be better utilized as a pit bull killer.
    > >
    > > I may just have to weld up my own or adapt the BIkeE stem that I got the other day.
    > >
    > > In the meantime I am waiting for the GRR I just bought to ride until I have finished the clone.
    > >
    > > Jerry
    >
    > Calhoun Cycle's evolution stem can be had in both 1" and 1 1/8". Don't
    know
    > if its long enough, though. give 'em a call.
    >
    > rich

4. Jeff Wills

Jeff Wills Guest

[email protected] (Jerry Rhodes) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am building a TE clone and the one snag I have hit is a top loading long stem in 1". I have
    > surfed and surfed and have not found anything but a steel one that does nto "top load" that would
    > be better utilized as a pit bull killer.
    >
    > I may just have to weld up my own or adapt the BIkeE stem that I got the other day.

I've considered replacing the handlebars & stem on my Tour Easy with a super-adjustable steering
    mast from Terracycle: http://www.terracycle.com/steer_mast.htm

The only hitch would be figuring out a mount for the fairing- but that's pretty trivial.

Jeff