Tall, hansome welder person seeks long stem beauty.......

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Jerry Rhodes, Jun 5, 2003.

  1. Jerry Rhodes

    Jerry Rhodes Guest

    I am building a TE clone and the one snag I have hit is a top loading long stem in 1". I have surfed
    and surfed and have not found anything but a steel one that does nto "top load" that would be better
    utilized as a pit bull killer.

    I may just have to weld up my own or adapt the BIkeE stem that I got the other day.

    In the meantime I am waiting for the GRR I just bought to ride until I have finished the clone.

    Jerry

    Tags:

  2. "Jerry Rhodes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am building a TE clone and the one snag I have hit is a top loading long stem in 1". I have
    > surfed and surfed and have not found anything but a steel one that does nto "top load" that would
    > be better utilized as a pit bull killer.
    >
    > I may just have to weld up my own or adapt the BIkeE stem that I got the other day.
    >
    > In the meantime I am waiting for the GRR I just bought to ride until I have finished the clone.
    >
    > Jerry

    Calhoun Cycle's evolution stem can be had in both 1" and 1 1/8". Don't know if its long enough,
    though. give 'em a call.

    rich

  3. "rich westerman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:...

    > "Jerry Rhodes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I am building a TE clone and the one snag I have hit is a top loading long stem in 1". I have
    > > surfed and surfed and have not found anything but a steel one that does nto "top load" that
    > > would be better utilized as a pit bull killer.
    > >
    > > I may just have to weld up my own or adapt the BIkeE stem that I got the other day.
    > >
    > > In the meantime I am waiting for the GRR I just bought to ride until I have finished the clone.
    > >
    > > Jerry
    >
    > Calhoun Cycle's evolution stem can be had in both 1" and 1 1/8". Don't
    know
    > if its long enough, though. give 'em a call.
    >
    > rich

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Jerry Rhodes) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am building a TE clone and the one snag I have hit is a top loading long stem in 1". I have
    > surfed and surfed and have not found anything but a steel one that does nto "top load" that would
    > be better utilized as a pit bull killer.
    >
    > I may just have to weld up my own or adapt the BIkeE stem that I got the other day.

    I've considered replacing the handlebars & stem on my Tour Easy with a super-adjustable steering
    mast from Terracycle: http://www.terracycle.com/steer_mast.htm

    The only hitch would be figuring out a mount for the fairing- but that's pretty trivial.

    Jeff