Tall Quill Stem with Removable Faceplate

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by RWM, Oct 17, 2004.

  1. RWM

    RWM Guest

    Does anyone know of any tall 1" quill stems with removable faceplates? I
    have used the Nitto tall quill stems in the past but I have a bike that I
    switch equipment on frequently and the removable faceplate makes things a
    lot quicker.

    Tags:

  2. RWM wrote:
    > Does anyone know of any tall 1" quill stems with removable
    > faceplates? I have used the Nitto tall quill stems in the past but I
    > have a bike that I switch equipment on frequently and the removable
    > faceplate makes things a lot quicker.

    Look into an adjustable 1" quill stem which you can raise way up, converting
    the length into rise.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  3. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:04:04 -0700, "RWM" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know of any tall 1" quill stems with removable faceplates? I
    >have used the Nitto tall quill stems in the past but I have a bike that I
    >switch equipment on frequently and the removable faceplate makes things a
    >lot quicker.

    There is a straight up and down stem that goes into the headtube and
    tightens like your Nitto stem. Now the upper part of that stem
    adapter takes 1" threadless stems. Now you can have a wide choice of
    open face stems.

    Nashbar has them.

    <http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=119&subcategory=1185&brand=&sku=9755&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=>