tall rider

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by gravelmuncher, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Just wondering how a 6'4" guy would fit on a Giant TCR 2. They come in
    XL (58.5 cm). I was under the impression that 60 - 63 would be more
    suited to someone with such long legs, it's just that you can pick one
    up for around $700 less at the moment....seems like a damn good buy.

    Joe

  2. gravelmuncher wrote:

    > Just wondering how a 6'4" guy would fit on a Giant TCR 2. They come in
    > XL (58.5 cm). I was under the impression that 60 - 63 would be more
    > suited to someone with such long legs, it's just that you can pick one
    > up for around $700 less at the moment....seems like a damn good buy.
    >
    > Joe

    I'd just go to a shop and give one a pedal.
    I'll probably get flamed for saying this ([email protected] - I feel for you!)
    but if you are a big guy you should consider getting wide(r) handlebars.

    --
    Cheers
    LB

  3. Gary K

    Gary K Guest

    Frame size depends on your in-leg measurement, maybe if your legs are
    short incomparison to your height, 58.5cm might be OK. I am 5'9" but
    with long legs and a 58cm frame fits fine (everyone else my height ride
    52 - 54cm frames!).

    You should make sure what size bike suits you first. I wouldn't buy a
    bike that is clearly too small.

    Those Giants with their compact frames have tons of seat post showing,
    with lots of leverage on the frame, causing cracking around the top of
    the seat tube. I've seen it. Having a too tall rider on one of those
    bikes would exacerbate the problem I think.

    hope this helps