tall rider

gravelmuncher

Guest
Just wondering how a 6'4" guy would fit on a Giant TCR 2. They come in
XL (58.5 cm). I was under the impression that 60 - 63 would be more
suited to someone with such long legs, it's just that you can pick one
up for around $700 less at the moment....seems like a damn good buy.

Joe

gravelmuncher wrote:

> Just wondering how a 6'4" guy would fit on a Giant TCR 2. They come in
> XL (58.5 cm). I was under the impression that 60 - 63 would be more
> suited to someone with such long legs, it's just that you can pick one
> up for around $700 less at the moment....seems like a damn good buy.
>
> Joe

I'd just go to a shop and give one a pedal.
I'll probably get flamed for saying this (dave@fnq - I feel for you!)
but if you are a big guy you should consider getting wide(r) handlebars.

--
Cheers
LB

Frame size depends on your in-leg measurement, maybe if your legs are
short incomparison to your height, 58.5cm might be OK. I am 5'9" but
with long legs and a 58cm frame fits fine (everyone else my height ride
52 - 54cm frames!).

You should make sure what size bike suits you first. I wouldn't buy a
bike that is clearly too small.

Those Giants with their compact frames have tons of seat post showing,
with lots of leverage on the frame, causing cracking around the top of
the seat tube. I've seen it. Having a too tall rider on one of those
bikes would exacerbate the problem I think.

hope this helps