Tam Luna Alert

warrwych

New Member
Jun 7, 2004
1,009
Tam

what ever you do, DO NOT,seriously DO NOT test ride a Luna unless you are going to take her home!!! Otherwise you will be heartbroken.

I rode, I bought. She zings along something very sweet. Felt right at home on her from the first pedal stroke. Waiting for changeover in wheels, then I can bring my new treasure home (and race her Saturday for final club race of the year WOOHOOO!!!!!). :D :D :D

First new roadie in 9 years. The purple pet will now be simply trainer stock and relegated to the odd bash around.

warrwych wrote:

> Tam
>
> what ever you do, DO NOT,seriously DO NOT test ride a Luna unless you
> are going to take her home!!! Otherwise you will be heartbroken.
>
> I rode, I bought. She zings along something very sweet. Felt right at
> home on her from the first pedal stroke. Waiting for changeover in
> wheels, then I can bring my new treasure home (and race her Saturday
> for final club race of the year WOOHOOO!!!!!). :D :D :D
>
> First new roadie in 9 years. The purple pet will now be simply trainer
> stock and relegated to the odd bash around.
>
> --
> warrwych

I feel sick.

I want her so bad.

And you have realised exactly why I am NOT test riding her.

Aaaah, I can't back it up anyway. I have to learn how to ride first.

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
I feel sick.

I want her so bad.

And you have realised exactly why I am NOT test riding her.

Aaaah, I can't back it up anyway. I have to learn how to ride first.

Tam

who needs to back it up girl?? I certainly can't ;) It's about tactics and strategy ie when the guys are too busy drooling over la luna, slow down and they slow down with you. Once their little heads have spun out, take the jump, and hammer home! (NB.. must be done within sight of the finish line - I can make it over 100 metres!!) :D :D

I saw a gorgeous colnago dream track bike on Sunday - didn't even know they made them as a track frame... sigh...

warrwych wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> >
> > I feel sick.
> >
> > I want her so bad.
> >
> > And you have realised exactly why I am NOT test riding her.
> >
> > Aaaah, I can't back it up anyway. I have to learn how to ride first.
> >
> > Tam

> who needs to back it up girl?? I certainly can't ;) It's about tactics
> and strategy ie when the guys are too busy drooling over la luna, slow
> down and they slow down with you. Once their little heads have spun
> out, take the jump, and hammer home! (NB.. must be done within sight of
> the finish line - I can make it over 100 metres!!) :D :D
>
> I saw a gorgeous colnago dream track bike on Sunday - didn't even know
> they made them as a track frame... sigh...
>
> --
> warrwych

Hehehe, you have to stay with the bunch to win the sprint. Oh you also
have to enter the race.

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
Hehehe, you have to stay with the bunch to win the sprint. Oh you also
have to enter the race.

Tam

How to Stay in the Bunch (as taught to me by Bleve): tell them to slow down. Believe it or not, it actually works.. well in D grade it works! Otherwise, get on the front and set the pace. This one also works.

Entering races does help tho' ;) but I always practice with my Sunday ride guys and they usually pay attention. I have them all sorted and organised with a trade off of letting them do their occassional boything sprints :D

On 2005-12-06, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hehehe, you have to stay with the bunch to win the sprint. Oh you also
> have to enter the race.

Hm, where did I put that jet turbine engine ...

Code:
Tam Said:

I feel sick.

I want her so bad.

And you have realised exactly why I am NOT test riding her.

Aaaah, I can't back it up anyway. I have to learn how to ride first.

Tam[/QUOTE]
Code:

If you had to back it up I would be on my old repco superlite, not a pinarello with chorus. As GPLama once opined, "everyone should spend heaps - its great fun!" Do you want the bike you'd rather pay for or the bike you'd rather ride? Its more fun learning on the latter. But of course, there's always the twin realities of the credit card statement and the pay slips ... ... ... reality can suck big

monsterman wrote:

> Code:
> --------------------
>
> --------------------
> Tam Said:
>
> I feel sick.
>
> I want her so bad.
>
> And you have realised exactly why I am NOT test riding her.
>
> Aaaah, I can't back it up anyway. I have to learn how to ride first.
>
> Tam
> Code:
> --------------------
>
> --------------------
>

> If you had to back it up I would be on my old repco superlite, not a
> pinarello with chorus. As GPLama once opined, "everyone should spend
> heaps - its great fun!" Do you want the bike you'd rather pay for or the
> bike you'd rather ride? Its more fun learning on the latter. But of
> course, there's always the twin realities of the credit card statement
> and the pay slips ... ... ... reality can suck big
>
> --
> monsterman

Income = $0

:(

Tam

monsterman said:
Code:
If you had to back it up I would be on my old repco superlite, not a pinarello with chorus. As GPLama once opined, "everyone should spend heaps - its great fun!" Do you want the bike you'd rather pay for or the bike you'd rather ride? Its more fun learning on the latter. But of course, there's always the twin realities of the credit card statement and the pay slips ... ... ... reality can suck big

I have a repco superlite!!! - I started out (duathlons) on it and it still hangs around the back of the house, chatting up the replacement bike/s, keeping them company. But.. would I race it now??? Sorry little superlite superbike, not enough zing in the swing! Racing is bloody hard ( as I was reminded last night on the track!!! :eek: ) so why not make it as fun and pleasurable as possible by riding a machine that you like and feel good on? Buy the best you can afford...

World Champ Vera Carrara has a luna track bike. I need to get me one of those, so I can have a matching pair!! :D :D :D

warrwych wrote:
<snip>
> I have a repco superlite!!! - I started out (duathlons) on it and it
> still hangs around the back of the house, chatting up the replacement
> bike/s, keeping them company. But.. would I race it now??? Sorry little
> superlite superbike, not enough zing in the swing! Racing is bloody hard
> ( as I was reminded last night on the track!!! :eek: ) so why not make
> it as fun and pleasurable as possible by riding a machine that you like
> and feel good on? Buy the best you can afford...
>
> World Champ Vera Carrara has a luna track bike. I need to get me one of
> those, so I can have a matching pair!! :D :D :D
>
> --
> warrwych

*Tam goes green with envy at the thought*

Yeah, well, I have a pair of Mizuno running shoes and they go really
fast. So there.

(That was lame I know.)

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:

> --

*Tam goes green with envy at the thought*

Yeah, well, I have a pair of Mizuno running shoes and they go really
fast. So there.

(That was lame I know.)

Tam

in my dreams for the luna tracky - if I could be so lucky to have a bank balance to work that one for me!!!

MMMMMMM Mizunos!! Schmick!! Gotta have good shoes to run in, otherwise you won't be running at all! I am still gunna be beaten by that guy with the old steel frame bike with shifters on the downtube that dont change that well hehehe

Deest said:
OK. I'm busting. Please pardon my ignorance but what's a Luna?

it's one of these:

http://bianchiusa.com/06_928_luna.html

Excellent for Beach Rd poseuring! Hmmm.. better get my nails & hair done :D

Yep. Would look the part on Beach Rd especially leaning against the window of Cafe ******. Might fall apart when it hits a pothole though;)

Deest said:
Yep. Would look the part on Beach Rd especially leaning against the window of Cafe ******. Might fall apart when it hits a pothole though;)

that's why I need to get my nails and hair done - so I look good when the ambulance comes! hehehe But I am a smidge bit smaller than the crazy Dutchbugger who flies (especially when he hits things!) :p

warrwych wrote:
> Deest Wrote:
> > OK. I'm busting. Please pardon my ignorance but what's a Luna?

> it's one of these:
>
> http://bianchiusa.com/06_928_luna.html
>
> Excellent for Beach Rd poseuring! Hmmm.. better get my nails & hair
> done :D

My golly, you'll spend a lot of time cleaning it! White ... brave :)

How's this for some colnago eye candy...
http://www.cbike.com/pista.htm

Personally I like the look of the C50 but It would have to be a very
special ride to make me part with my BT.

Geoff

i saw one of these (colnago dream trackies) on Sunday - verry nice! A bit bling with gold rims, but still.. verry nice!

I just aspire to finish a 20 lap scratch race before I think about upgrading my little blue avanti :D