Taming the "beast"!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by RockyRides, Oct 20, 2005.

1. RockyRides

RockyRides New Member

OK, I got a new Specialized Rockhopper because of the great frame, excellent reputation, cool looks, relatively good components, & low price (leftover '05 for $400). Now here's my problem: I am an "easy rider"; i.e., I ride mostly paved or hardpacked dirt roads. The tires on the bike are (for me) overly agressive: Spec. Adreneline- they constantly throw sand & pebbles all over everything (including me!) when I'm riding on hardpacked county roads. I'm thinking about getting the LBS where I bought the bike to replace the tires while they're still almost new (one short ride) with the much less agressive Spec. Hemisphere Armadillo. This would give me a much better tire for my normal riding surfaces while still preserving some light off-road capability. Any thoughts, suggestions? :confused:

Tags:

2. Insight Driver

Insight Driver New Member

Fenders. That's why they have fenders on dirt bikes (motorcycles). Even on a road bike, ridden in the rain, fenders help keep one drier. The difference is worth the disdain looks you might get from other posers who have higher-end bikes and fancy color duds on.

3. DiabloScott

DiabloScott New Member

Are you thinking the LBS would take your used tires back in exchange? Probably they wouldn't. Go ahead and get new ones if you want, but be prepared to pay. Sell the others on eBay or something.