Tammy, er... Stephen

Scott

Guest
Just saw the news that Stephen Alfred has been given a lifetime ban
for a third offense of the WADA code. First reaction, WTF!

Then, I read the article to discover that he was given an 8 year
suspension in 2006 and his only breach this time was failing to submit
to an out-of-competition test without good cause.

Geez, doesn't USADA/WADA have anything better to do than go after a 40
year old man who wouldn't have raced again for another 6 years, if
ever?

Talk about money well spent!

In article <d711252d-21fb-4a65-a37a-bda154d8d4b0@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
Scott <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just saw the news that Stephen Alfred has been given a lifetime ban
> for a third offense of the WADA code. First reaction, WTF!
>
> Then, I read the article to discover that he was given an 8 year
> suspension in 2006 and his only breach this time was failing to submit
> to an out-of-competition test without good cause.
>
> Geez, doesn't USADA/WADA have anything better to do than go after a 40
> year old man who wouldn't have raced again for another 6 years, if
> ever?
>
> Talk about money well spent!

They're trying ot make it look like they're doing something useful. Also known as
"justifying their pay check."

--
tanx,
Howard