Tammy Thomas

kennf

Jan 29, 2004
The perjury trial against Tammy Thomas (the banned U.S. track cyclist) starts tomorrow. The case is very similar to the one against Marion Jones. An interesting link describing the case is here:

http://www.examiner.com/a-1264114~Prosecutors_outline_case_against_BALCO_figure_Tammy_Thomas.html

Probably the most disturbing quote from the story:

"The prosecutors quote a doctor's report in August 2000 suggesting that Thomas had to shave a full beard, a steroids side effect for women."

kennf said:
"The prosecutors quote a doctor's report in August 2000 suggesting that Thomas had to shave a full beard, a steroids side effect for women."
:eek: Okay, that is frightening to contemplate!

thunder said:
you got the name wrong.

Thomas Tammy.
With that beard it might be John Thomas.

Interesting that when you google "John Thomas", you get the page for a John Thomas Steakhouse. I don't want to know what part of the cow they serve there.

kennf said:
The perjury trial against Tammy Thomas (the banned U.S. track cyclist) starts tomorrow. The case is very similar to the one against Marion Jones. An interesting link describing the case is here:

http://www.examiner.com/a-1264114~Prosecutors_outline_case_against_BALCO_figure_Tammy_Thomas.html

There is the fourth one of these idiots who lied to the feds. Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and her. Why can't they keep their mouths shut. Surely their lawyers must have told them not to lie.

Counting all the outrageous lies Armstrong told during his depostion in the SCA case, I suppose we could make it five.

kennf said:

Plus it looks like her voice changed for good.

I do not recognize her from the Olympics. I must have been dialed into other sports (I LOVE the swim teams first of all).

Thomas Tammy is right! I'm thinking she's another Renee Richards or something.

In a sport like that, is it really worth it? Can a female athlete in an Olympic sport like track cycling benefit that much monetarily?

hawkeye87 said:
In a sport like that, is it really worth it? Can a female athlete in an Olympic sport like track cycling benefit that much monetarily?
In Olympic sports, I'm sure athletes are willing to take some risk to get the gold medal.

I wonder, did she ever look at herself in the mirror one morning, and say WTF? or were the changes to gradual that she was never shocked by them.

But then, having to shave, your face, would be a wake up call.

kennf said:

She's a man, baby...

This has to be one of the most blatant cases of steroid abuse by a female athlete, ever (well maybe the old East Germans were on a similar course).

Razor burn on her face, a man's voice, facial stubble by mid-afternoon, and legs like Godzilla - and no one says a peep? Her fellow competitors probably expected her to announce that she was transgendered.

I saw another picture of her from one of her various court appearances. While street clothes certainly make most athletes look more normal, it looks like she dropped about 40 pounds from her roid days. Surely the lifetime ban saved her life.

kennf said:
I saw another picture of her from one of her various court appearances. While street clothes certainly make most athletes look more normal, it looks like she dropped about 40 pounds from her roid days. Surely the lifetime ban saved her life.
Her sex life, at least.