Tammy's 'roid ragin!

Bill C

Guest
http://tinyurl.com/6rvrx5

Some fun quotes:

Thomas, the first figure connected to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-
Operative case to go to trial, shouted at the jury after being found
guilty of three counts of perjury and a count of obstruction of
justice. She was acquitted of two counts of perjury.

"I already had one career taken away from me," she yelled, referencing
her lifetime ban from cycling. "Look me in the eye. You can't do it."

Her father, who has sat in the front row of court during the two week
trial, also raised his voice and said, "They can't do it."

Thomas then shouted and gestured at prosecutors: "Look me in the
eye .... You like to destroy people's lives."

Nope, she wasn't responsible for any of this. I was ambivalent before
this, but what a POS.
Bill C

Thomas then shouted and gestured at prosecutors: "Look me in the eye
.... You like to destroy people's lives."

A sad and ironic statement indeed.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Bill C wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/6rvrx5
>
> Some fun quotes:
>
> Thomas, the first figure connected to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-
> Operative case to go to trial, shouted at the jury after being found
> guilty of three counts of perjury and a count of obstruction of
> justice. She was acquitted of two counts of perjury.
>
> "I already had one career taken away from me," she yelled, referencing
> her lifetime ban from cycling. "Look me in the eye. You can't do it."
>
> Her father, who has sat in the front row of court during the two week
> trial, also raised his voice and said, "They can't do it."
>
> Thomas then shouted and gestured at prosecutors: "Look me in the
> eye .... You like to destroy people's lives."
>
> Nope, she wasn't responsible for any of this. I was ambivalent before
> this, but what a POS.
> Bill C

Tammy is the victim of a conspiracy by those evil prosecutors. Poor Tammy!

| "I already had one career taken away from me," she yelled, referencing
| her lifetime ban from cycling. "Look me in the eye. You can't do it."

Right. Makes sense. You steal something, and having to give back what you
stole ought to be punishment enough. Lots of deterrent value to that line of
thought.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

On Apr 5, 7:41 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:
> | "I already had one career taken away from me," she yelled, referencing
> | her lifetime ban from cycling. "Look me in the eye. You can't do it."
>
> Right. Makes sense. You steal something, and having to give back what you
> stole ought to be punishment enough. Lots of deterrent value to that line of
> thought.

Well maybe not the whole amount. That wouldn't be fair. I mean, what
about expenses?

Joseph

Bill C wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/6rvrx5
>
> Some fun quotes:
>
> Thomas, the first figure connected to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-
> Operative case to go to trial, shouted at the jury after being found
> guilty of three counts of perjury and a count of obstruction of
> justice. She was acquitted of two counts of perjury.
>
> "I already had one career taken away from me," she yelled, referencing
> her lifetime ban from cycling. "Look me in the eye. You can't do it."
>
> Her father, who has sat in the front row of court during the two week
> trial, also raised his voice and said, "They can't do it."
>
> Thomas then shouted and gestured at prosecutors: "Look me in the
> eye .... You like to destroy people's lives."
>
> Nope, she wasn't responsible for any of this. I was ambivalent before
> this, but what a POS.
> Bill C

I read in the Los Angeles Times that she is attending law school now,
and if found guilty of a felony, would not be able to get a license to
practice law.

I guess when they ask you questions about drug use (or other crimes),
you should keep your mouth firmly shut. At least then they can't drop
the bomb on you for perjury. I think she was also found guilty of one
count of obstruction of justice - I don't know if silence would have
protected her against that, or made it worse.

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 14:55:19 -0700, Colin Campbell <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill C wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/6rvrx5
>>
>> Some fun quotes:
>>
>> Thomas, the first figure connected to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-
>> Operative case to go to trial, shouted at the jury after being found
>> guilty of three counts of perjury and a count of obstruction of
>> justice. She was acquitted of two counts of perjury.
>>
>> "I already had one career taken away from me," she yelled, referencing
>> her lifetime ban from cycling. "Look me in the eye. You can't do it."
>>
>> Her father, who has sat in the front row of court during the two week
>> trial, also raised his voice and said, "They can't do it."
>>
>> Thomas then shouted and gestured at prosecutors: "Look me in the
>> eye .... You like to destroy people's lives."
>>
>> Nope, she wasn't responsible for any of this. I was ambivalent before
>> this, but what a POS.
>> Bill C

>I read in the Los Angeles Times that she is attending law school now,
>and if found guilty of a felony, would not be able to get a license to
>practice law.
>
>I guess when they ask you questions about drug use (or other crimes),
>you should keep your mouth firmly shut. At least then they can't drop
>the bomb on you for perjury. I think she was also found guilty of one
>count of obstruction of justice - I don't know if silence would have
>protected her against that, or made it worse.

Perhaps we could go so far as suggesting that highly-publicized public
interrogations are not particularly useful in learning the facts of a matter.

Maybe, just maybe, investigations into possible wrongdoing might best be
conducted by investigators. It would be well if they passed what they've learned
on to legislators who would have its benefit when enacting and reviewing laws.

"Taking the Fifth" at congressional dog and pony shows has a long and honorable
history. It is perfectly acceptable. It may result in a threat of immunity.

Ron