Tan Hill

John Clayton

Guest
Group of us stayed at Tan Hill Inn 3 or 4 weekends ago. They have a
fairly new landlady who is probably the rudest, swearingest foul cow I've
ever encountered in the hospitality business.

Her food is truly awful and she abuses her (apparently mainly Polish) staff
even more nastily than her customers.

Shan't be staying there again until she moves on.

John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

"John Clayton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Group of us stayed at Tan Hill Inn 3 or 4 weekends ago. They have a
> fairly new landlady who is probably the rudest, swearingest foul cow I've
> ever encountered in the hospitality business.
>
> Her food is truly awful and she abuses her (apparently mainly Polish)
> staff even more nastily than her customers.
>
> Shan't be staying there again until she moves on.
>
> John Clayton
> www.calder-clarion.co.uk

Are you sure that it was the landlady?

The new landlady took over in 2005 and in the several visits that I've paid
there since she took on the license with her husband, all seemed to be well
and her behaviour couldn't be criticised.

"vernon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "John Clayton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Group of us stayed at Tan Hill Inn 3 or 4 weekends ago. They have a
>> fairly new landlady who is probably the rudest, swearingest foul cow I've
>> ever encountered in the hospitality business.
>>
>> Her food is truly awful and she abuses her (apparently mainly Polish)
>> staff even more nastily than her customers.
>>
>> Shan't be staying there again until she moves on.
>>
>> John Clayton
>> www.calder-clarion.co.uk

> Are you sure that it was the landlady?
>
> The new landlady took over in 2005 and in the several visits that I've
> paid there since she took on the license with her husband, all seemed to
> be well and her behaviour couldn't be criticised.

London (same as mine) accent, really mouffy, no manners, won't allow mobile
phones in pub unless you pay haslf quid any time it rings.
Calls me a "tight b*stard, staff F8ggig idiots, a visiting hiker "same".
Downright unpleasant in my view.
John

"John Clayton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "John Clayton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Group of us stayed at Tan Hill Inn 3 or 4 weekends ago. They have a
>>> fairly new landlady who is probably the rudest, swearingest foul cow
>>> I've ever encountered in the hospitality business.
>>>
>>> Her food is truly awful and she abuses her (apparently mainly Polish)
>>> staff even more nastily than her customers.
>>>
>>> Shan't be staying there again until she moves on.
>>>
>>> John Clayton
>>> www.calder-clarion.co.uk

>> Are you sure that it was the landlady?
>>
>> The new landlady took over in 2005 and in the several visits that I've
>> paid there since she took on the license with her husband, all seemed to
>> be well and her behaviour couldn't be criticised.
>>

> London (same as mine) accent, really mouffy, no manners, won't allow
> mobile phones in pub unless you pay haslf quid any time it rings.
> Calls me a "tight b*stard, staff F8ggig idiots, a visiting hiker "same".
> Downright unpleasant in my view.
> John

Found her to be an affable, accomodating and entertaining hostess along with
her husband. Never heard her swear and she was never less than polite
towards her customers and staff.

The mobile phone business is a long standing 'tradition' predating her
arrival by at least ten years, probably longer and was featured in the
Northern Echo. There used to be a large sweet jar filled with water and
mobile phones on the bar the remind customers of the consequences of
breaking the rules. The jar was stolen just before the change of
management. The landlady at the time couldn't believe that someone fould
find it worth knicking.

The signal is much better outside the pub anyway.......