Tan Lines...

cannongirl

Mar 13, 2004
Hi Girls,
I'm brand new to this board, however, I have been lurking for a few Days...now a question...

Tan Lines...I've been riding throughout the Winter and as I live in a nice climate have been wearing shorts and short sleeve Jerseys most of the time...

Now bikini weather is approaching what can I do so I don't have two-tone brown and white Legs? Is there such a Cycling short that will allow the sun to shine through? A crazy question I know, but Girls really worry about these things...:(

I'm looking forward to becoming a regular contributor and learning more about my fave sport, there seems to be lots of nice, knowledgable people here...

Lisa.

There are swimsuits and other clothing items made from a 'tan through' material. It has something like an SPF 3 or 4 value. I'm not sure if any cycling clothing is made from the material though. A search at http://www.google.com for 'tan through' might be helpful.

I think if you find any cycling shorts made of tan-through material, the white rings left by the thigh-gripper elastic would be most amusing...

Originally posted by jstraw
I think if you find any cycling shorts made of tan-through material, the white rings left by the thigh-gripper elastic would be most amusing...

:D Hey, you're right...not to mention the white feet to match..

guess it's a no-win situation we have right here...*sigh*

I don't even want to talk about my cycling tanning lines from the other weekend. *lol*

Originally posted by keydates
or: skin cancer

Howsabout the following 2-step 2 word program....

1) Sun screen (on bike)

2) Self-tanner (off bike)

Don't know your age but I'll bet everything I own that if you are a sun worshipper at 20, you'll start kicking yourself in the butt by 30, and be slapping yourself in the face by 40. And possibly paying for expensive surgery by 50. And chemo by 60.

People used to laugh at me for being so pale, for seeking the shade. Now they say "Wow, you don't look 35"! And ever since I discovered quality self-tanner last year, well, I don't even have to be pale anymore and I'm still not uv-ing my skin.

No-bake. It's a no brainer.

Less'go is right, bake now, pay later.

Tanning salons now have a very cool spray on tan which looks very natural and in 30+ years won't be sending you to the local cancer hospital for your monthly chemo therapy sessions. Ah, those tan lines are so much more sytlish than the bald head! Hey, make a statement "I'm a biker chick"

Originally posted by kathybeast
Less'go is right, bake now, pay later.

Tanning salons now have a very cool spray on tan which looks very natural and in 30+ years won't be sending you to the local cancer hospital for your monthly chemo therapy sessions.

Oh, ya, babe, I saw that on Queer eye for the straight guy when I was in Austin a couple of weeks ago - love that Carlson - that is the funniest show! Spray-on tan, way better than the real thing!

S

Of course, the spray-on tan doesn't make you more resistant to the sunlight. It only changes the color of the skin...that means keep using the sunscreen/block.

so true, must protect the skin. This just helps if you happen to be worried about the tan lines

so true, must protect the skin. This just helps if you happen to be worried about the tan lines

I dunno, I think it's kinda cool - the tan line I mean. It makes me think of the poor cat in the pepe le pew cartoons!

it certainly is a conversation piece!

If I tanned, I may be able to help you more!

Instead... I simply freckle or burn! Horrrray for being a redhead!

Good luck though hun!

I love my tan line! I think it's kind of cool. Who cares what other people think about freaky tan lines. I think it shows your dedication to the sport you love.