Tandem Parking

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by M Series, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. M Series

    M Series Guest

    Flicking through the property section of today's Yorkshire Evening Post I saw an ad for a waterfront
    development. After the usual property description it said "2 Bedrooms with tandem parking from
    £160,000 - £175,000"

    What could it mean ? Are they aiming the property specifically at tandemists ? Do they mean there is
    bike parking in two bedrooms that is large enough to accommodate tandems ?

    If I had a tandem I'd call the number to arrange a viewing and check out the parking facilities.

    Tags:

  2. "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > What could it mean ?

    It is jargon for a space big enough to keep two mobile death greenhouses out of way of passing
    cyclists, but which is not big enough or conveniently enough shaped for you to get one in or out
    without moving the other.

    It probably means "a drive leading up to the door" in English.

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Flicking through the property section of today's Yorkshire Evening Post I saw an ad for a
    > waterfront development. After the usual property
    description
    > it said "2 Bedrooms with tandem parking from £160,000 - £175,000"
    >
    > What could it mean ? Are they aiming the property specifically at
    tandemists
    > ? Do they mean there is bike parking in two bedrooms that is large enough
    > accommodate tandems ?
    >
    > If I had a tandem I'd call the number to arrange a viewing and check out
    the
    > parking facilities.

    Do you want the boring answer?

    Of course with tandem parking in bedrooms you've got to be sure to have no tight corners otherwise
    it gets jolly tedious...

    cheers, clive

  4. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Geraint Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > What could it mean ?
    >
    > It is jargon for a space big enough to keep two mobile death greenhouses out of way of passing
    > cyclists, but which is not big enough or conveniently enough shaped for you to get one in or out
    > without moving the other.

    Which means at least one vehicle will probably be left permanently parked on the
    road/pavement anyway.

    Pete

  5. On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:42:59 +0100, contributor M Series had scribed:
    > Flicking through the property section of today's Yorkshire Evening Post I saw an ad for a
    > waterfront development. After the usual property description it said "2 Bedrooms with tandem
    > parking from £160,000 - £175,000"
    >
    > What could it mean ? Are they aiming the property specifically at tandemists ? Do they mean there
    > is bike parking in two bedrooms that is large enough to accommodate tandems ?
    >
    > If I had a tandem I'd call the number to arrange a viewing and check out the parking facilities.

    Long narrow driveway! Mains arranging vehicles in a LIFO (last in, first out) stack.

    Gary - the 'thread sweeper'

    --

    The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

    For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.