Tandem Wanted

Greg Wilson

Guest
I'm looking for a good used tandem bike. If you have one or know of someone
who has one they no longer use could you please drop me a line?
Thanks,

Greg.
[email protected]
PS Don't worry, I couldn't possibly get any more spam than I do now.

PS If anyone's planning to holiday on the North Coast (of NSW) check out our
website for regular rides and come for a run with the locals..........
Northern Rivers Cycling Club
http://www.nrcc.org.au

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:21:06 +0000, Greg Wilson wrote:

> I'm looking for a good used tandem bike. If you have one or know of someone
> who has one they no longer use could you please drop me a line?

We bought ours out of the classifides section of "Australian Cyclist".
But you've gotta be quick, as soon as the new issue comes out, get
to ringing the seller immeadiately.

I think we paid $500 for ours, and $50 courier pickup & deliver from
Canberra (to Lake Macquarie).

Rode it for a few weeks, liked it, rode some more, bent the rear axle.
Upgrades, repairs, 6 months and a more than $1500 later it's a lurvley
touring tandem.

I enjoyed sourcing the parts, and researching different gear topics,
even most of the maintenance was good (except those *!@#ing mudguards...
why are these always such a @#*% to install).

Only thing that's left to do is get it re-sprayed.

Sooo... what's my point. I dunno, maybe spend a bit more initially
than $500.

-kt