Tandems - any stories/advice

LotteBum wrote:
> My partner and I have been thinking about getting a tandem.
>
> Has anyone had any experiences, bad or good, with tandems?
>
> What brands make good road tandems (other than Cannondale) and how
> would you go about getting one?

Greetings,
I used to ride a Trek tandem for years with a partner who was
deafblind. Unfortunately, someone came through a Stop sign on us, and
that was the end of that.
Obvious pluses to riding a tandem are the good power-weight ration and
the ability to really roar on a flat bit of road. On the debit side,
frame rigidity is definitely an issue, piloting a tandem takes some
getting used to (turning circles and stopping distances) and forget
about bike paths because of the chicanes. Other than that, they're
really great fun to ride.
Regards,
Ray.

Parbs said:
"SteveA" wrote in message ...

> or a weird ******* who talks to a friend who
> is not really there and has even bought a tandem to take the invisible
> friend around town with him. :D

I think I'll get a tandem and one of these,

http://www.3bscientific.com/produkte/index_detail.cfm?grpid=164&PartNum=A10&language=english&Country=u.s.a.&to=0,3,65,53&lnkname=www.3bscientific-skeleton.com:Standard%20Skeleton%20Stan

be even better if I can rig Stan to ride up the front.

Parbs

I went looking for Stan and found him on sale in Australia, along with other interesting bits:

http://www.mentone-educational.com.au/product/aa_mod/a_3bsci/a_skeleton

Steve(your mate is a skinny bugger isn't he?)A