Tange headsets

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony R, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    Hi all, Anyone know if they're any good. My LBS is trying to flog me one ("levin" model) for my all
    year round commuter/tourer. The old XT one was great but apparently new shimano headsets have a
    higher stack height than my 11 year old frame can cope with- what do I measure to check this by the
    way? Thanks in advance, Tony R.

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "tony R" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, Anyone know if they're any good. My LBS is trying to flog me one ("levin" model) for my
    > all year round commuter/tourer. The old XT one was great but apparently new shimano headsets have
    > a higher stack height than my 11 year old frame can cope with- what do I measure to check this by
    > the way?
    Thanks
    > in advance, Tony R.

    For instructions on measuring stack height go to:

    http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/howfix_forksize.shtml

    Pete

  3. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    "Roger Thorpe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > tony R wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all, Anyone know if they're any good.
    >
    > <snip.>
    >

    > > Tony R.
    >
    > Well, i've had a campag copy by Tange in my all purpose bike for about fifteen years now,
    > including 3 as a courier and daily use through all varieties weather available. Whilst I haven't
    > completed it's test yet I'd say that it's pretty good. The alloy one on the racing bike's done
    > fairly well too! Roger

    Sounds good enough to me. Thanks, Tony R.

  4. Roger Thorpe

    Roger Thorpe Guest

    --
    Roger Thorpe

    My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!