Tange headsets

Tony R

Guest
Hi all, Anyone know if they're any good. My LBS is trying to flog me one ("levin" model) for my all
year round commuter/tourer. The old XT one was great but apparently new shimano headsets have a
higher stack height than my 11 year old frame can cope with- what do I measure to check this by the
way? Thanks in advance, Tony R.

"tony R" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi all, Anyone know if they're any good. My LBS is trying to flog me one ("levin" model) for my
> all year round commuter/tourer. The old XT one was great but apparently new shimano headsets have
> a higher stack height than my 11 year old frame can cope with- what do I measure to check this by
> the way?
Thanks
> in advance, Tony R.

For instructions on measuring stack height go to:

http://www.parktool.com/repair_help/howfix_forksize.shtml

Pete

"Roger Thorpe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> tony R wrote:
>
> > Hi all, Anyone know if they're any good.
>
> <snip.>
>

> > Tony R.
>
> Well, i've had a campag copy by Tange in my all purpose bike for about fifteen years now,
> including 3 as a courier and daily use through all varieties weather available. Whilst I haven't
> completed it's test yet I'd say that it's pretty good. The alloy one on the racing bike's done
> fairly well too! Roger

Sounds good enough to me. Thanks, Tony R.

--
Roger Thorpe

My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!