Tapered fork steerer on 2012 Scott Genius 10?

RoryG

Jul 11, 2014
Evening Guys,

Newb here after some advice please.

I have a potentially great deal on a brand new 2012 Scott Genius 10 frame but I can't find any info anywhere re the fork specs other than the full Scott build comes with a Fox 32 Talas RLC CTD 150, I need to spec a fork for my build but I can't work out whether it will accept a tapered 1.5" to 1 1/8" steerer.

Frame specs in the link below, I must point out I'm not buying from these guys:

http://www.damianharriscycles.co.uk/prod/dua_0066_sc/scott-genius-10-2012-full-suspension-bike

Any help or advice will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Do you already have the Tapered steerer Suspension Fork but NO frame, yet?

FWIW. Based on a cursory examination of the Web, if I had to guess, I would say that the particular frame does NOT use a fork with a Tapered steerer ... In part, because the headset is simply (?) listed as a Ritchey Pro 1 1/8" ...
  • If the deal on the frame is as good as you infer, then I would buy the frame AND another fork to use with it (or, if you have one, move the fork from an older bike).
If the 2012 model of the bike had a fork with a Tapered steerer then I suspect that all the reviews would have been gushing about it ... AND, all I can see is mention that FOX made a special (slightly modified lockout?) FOX TALAS 32/(36?) RL fork for Scott to use with the frame.

alfeng said:
FWIW. Based on a cursory examination of the Web, if I had to guess, I would say that the particular frame does NOT use a fork with a Tapered steerer ... In part, because the headset is simply (?) listed as a Ritchey Pro 1 1/8" ...
  • If the deal on the frame is as good as you infer, then I would buy the frame AND another fork to use with it (or, if you have one, move the fork from an older bike).
If the 2012 model of the bike had a fork with a Tapered steerer then I suspect that all the reviews would have been gushing about it ... AND, all I can see is mention that FOX made a special (slightly modified lockout?) FOX TALAS 32/(36?) RL fork for Scott to use with the frame.
Thanks for your comments, I think I will go for the frame and look for a suitable straight 1 1/8 fork.