Tapering injuries

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Nick Burns, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Can anyone point me to resources for suggestion on taping athletes that are to exercise with
    injuries? This would be along the lines of the tape that was done for Tyler.

    I am interested in reading up on ideas for back and knee injuries, primarily but anything would
    help. Taping is a lot more art than science and any help would be appreciated. The objective is to
    allowed injured athletes to train on the road and minimize movement of certain joints. Naturally,
    some injuries prevent any kind of exercise but I wish to read up on the ideas of others that have
    worked with this either as patients, PTs or MDs.

    TIA

    Tags:

  2. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone point me to resources for suggestion on taping athletes that
    are
    > to exercise with injuries? This would be along the lines of the tape that was done for Tyler.

    WHAT????????????????????

    Taping?

    Chris or Nick are you???

  3. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone point me to resources for suggestion on taping athletes that
    are
    > to exercise with injuries? This would be along the lines of the tape that was done for Tyler.

    Oh... taping up. Taping up bones/joints, stuff like that....

    Stupid here.

    > I am interested in reading up on ideas for back and knee injuries,
    primarily

    Nick or Chris Burns is it??

  4. ESMD

    ESMD New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2003
    Athletic Taping and Bracing, by David H. Perrin, ISBN: 0873225023 is a good source for starters.

  5. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Thank you.